Director, Consumer Insight
Reporting to the Sr. Director, Consumer Marketing, the Director, Consumer Insight is the voice of the consumer within Trulia. You will be responsible for all Trulia’s ad-hoc and continuous market research projects as relates to the end-to-end experience of buying, selling or renting a home.
You will own all Market Research projects from design through implementation ultimately using the data to deliver compelling insights that drive clear business actions and outcomes.
- Define and drive an integrated market research strategy, plan and budget that fills knowledge gaps and provides a comprehensive view of the consumer, the market and the brand
- Manage all aspects of primary research projects, including identifying market research objectives, designing research methodology, identifying and managing vendors, developing questionnaires and discussion guides, coordinating research stimuli, implementing and analyzing research, and reporting on findings
- Work with the rest of the Consumer Marketing team to incorporate findings into development of brand, business and marketing strategies that drive brand awareness, brand perceptions and ultimately, consumer adoption
- Partner with the Consumer Product, Rentals and Mortgage teams to leverage findings in the development of new consumer products, including concept testing
- Work with the Analytics team to package Market Research findings with Consumer Trends and Market Analysis and create consumer stories for all teams, including but not limited to Agent Sales & Marketing, PR and Media Sales
At Trulia, culture fit is as important as having the right skills for doing the job. Extra credit if you are:
- 6+ years of progressive hands-on experience in a fast-paced consumer technology environment (specifically web and mobile) doing market research/insights and analytics
- Previous responsibility for developing research strategies, managing major research projects and related budgets
- Experience managing outside vendors as well as running market research projects in-house
- Experienced in the use of both qualitative and quantitative tools and techniques, including but not limited to: exploratory research techniques (e.g. ethnographic research), segmentation, concept testing (qualitative and quantitative), brand/equity tracking, marketing mix/ROI, customer satisfaction/NPS and syndicated data service
- Ability to understand, interpret, integrate and synthesize primary research from multiple sources including on-site data, qualitative research, primary and secondary quantitative research
- Talent for using data to deliver compelling insights that drive clear business actions and outcomes
- Excellent strategic, analytical and creative problem-solving abilities and judgment
- Strong verbal and written communication abilities. Proven ability to influence others
- Innovative and intellectually curious
- Open and straightforward
- A team player
Trulia - 20 months ago
Trulia’s close-knit teams of energized & happy brainiacs creatively help people make smarter real estate decisions. This is an...