Millions of times a day in more than 85% of American households, consumers reach for Pinnacle Foods brands. We are a leading producer, marketer and distributor of high-quality branded food products, which have been trusted household names for decades. Headquartered in Parsippany, New Jersey, our business employs an average of approximately 4,300 employees. We are a leader in the shelf stable and frozen foods segments and our brands hold the #1 or #2 market position in 8 out of 12 major category segments in which they compete. Our Duncan Hines Grocery Division manages Leadership brands such as Duncan Hines® baking mixes and frostings, Vlasic® shelf-stable pickles and Mrs. Butterworth's® and Log Cabin® table syrups and Foundation brands such as Armour® canned meats, Brooks® and Nalley® chili and chili ingredients, Comstock® and Wilderness® pie and pastry fillings and Open Pit® barbecue sauces. Our Birds Eye Frozen Division manages Leadership brands such as Birds Eye®, Birds Eye Steamfresh®, C&W®, McKenzie's®, and Fresh like® vegetables, Birds Eye Voila!® complete bagged meals and Van de Kamp's® and Mrs. Paul's® seafood and Foundation brands such as Lender's® bagels, Celeste® pizza, Hungry-Man® dinners and entrées and Aunt Jemima® frozen breakfasts. Our Specialty Foods Division manages Tim's Cascade Snacks®, Hawaiian® Kettle Style Potato Chips, Erin’s® Popcorn, Snyder of Berlin® and Husman's® in addition to our food service and private label businesses. Pinnacle Foods is a Top 1000 Company ranked on Fortune Magazine’s 2011 Top 1000 companies list.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
The Director is responsible for all consumer insight support to the assigned business unit. This includes ownership of the CI strategies, plans, and the execution of those plans for brands within the business unit. To accomplish the requirements of this position the incumbent must have mastery of in the use of primary, secondary, and syndicated research information. The incumbent uses this mastery, in combination with detailed knowledge of the brands and marketplace, to develop meaningful and actionable business insights for the assigned businesses. The measure of the value of these insights is their ability to help build the business in terms of volume, share, and profitability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the development of brand CI strategies and plans.
- Insure the effective execution of brand CI activities.
- Operate as an essential member of the marketing team.
- For the assigned brands, provide thought leadership regarding the consumer, customers, the economic and marketing environment, and the use of marketing information.
- Address business issues with the development and execution of marketing research, and the effective and persuasive communication of results, implications, and recommendations.
- Provide Situation Assessment integrating multiple data sources to identifying SWOT, providing foundation for annual brand plans.
- Using fact based analytics, evoke and provoke the organization in the identification and adoption of innovative ideas.
- Monitor key brand performance measures: volume, share, penetration, frequency, equity, identify key business drivers and facilitate activation against improvement against any issues.
- Insure the appropriate cost/value relationships in the data acquired, the research executed, the analysis performed, and the recommendations made.
- Work with the VP in the development and implementation of key departmental policies and procedures: Vendor management, standardized methods and standards, SOP’s, norms, etc.
- Masters at deeply understand brand target consumers to drive stronger connection to our brands and build brand foundations (Vision, Mission, Strategic Pillars.)
- Conduct strategic studies to better understand the category and competitive environment.
- Conduct higher level analytics to ensure optimized spending and pricing decisions
- Drive consumer-centric renovation/productivity activities through Competitive Benchmarking, Value Engineering and Product Development Testing.
- Insure the capture of brand/category knowledge and creation of institutional knowledge.
- Support other Pinnacle functional areas (finance, investor relations, etc.) in addressing business issues through the use of syndicated data.
- Provide necessary training to the organization on syndicated data, use and analysis.
- Set, manage, and evaluate the priorities of assigned staff.
- Insure staff development.
- With the VP, identify and address department wide development needs.
- Supervise assigned third party support personnel.
- Completely blended market research capability: primary research, syndicated analysis and higher level analytics.
- Strong communications skills: Oral, Presentation, Written, Interpersonal.
- Ability to understand and deal with complexity and ambiguity.
- Effective Leader, Teacher, Coach, and Mentor.
- Able to interact effectively with marketing management, with strong Influence Skills.
- Ability to effectively manage third party (supplier) resources.
- Understand the retail CPG industry, with emphasis on food products (frozen and dry).
- In depth knowledge of custom and secondary research, data, and analytic vendors and their capabilities.
- Solid understanding of marketing concepts, tools, applications and evaluative methods.
- Creative and insightful analyst.
- Ability to indentify key leverage points and set priorities accordingly.
- Effectively balances direction with delegation.
- Understanding of the CI needs of other functional areas: finance, sales, logistics, R&D, investor relations.
- Ten+ years of marketing research/CCI experience with heavy concentration in foods or packaged goods. Experience with a major packaged goods manufacture strongly preferred.
- Deep understanding of the packaged goods marketing practices
- Team leadership and development history.
- Hands on experience with the full range of custom research techniques, analytics and syndicated information.
- Matrixed leadership experience in a multi-client environment.
- Experience in working with R&D in the product development/productivity/innovation process.
Pinnacle Foods Group is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Undergraduate degree essential.
- MBA/MA strongly preferred.
- Relevant majors: Marketing, Marketing Research, Psychology, Anthropology, Economics, or Statistics.
Monster - 12 months ago