Posting Job Title: Director, Consumer Research
Requisition #: 144905BR
Posting Location: New York, NY, US
Area of Interest: Marketing
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Director, Consumer Research will play key role in the creation of actionable consumer insights designed to positively impact strategic changes and significant business decisions. Will function effectively in a dynamic, fast paced growing industry and within a company that seeks to turn reliable, timely, actionable research into business growth. This individual will act as a leader within the enterprise Marketing Insights department during many internal "client facing" opportunities. Will be intimately involved in partnering and consulting on an on-going basis across the entire organization. Will develop overall strategic plans for primary/secondary and qualitative/quantitative research, and will identify ways to effectively share learning across broad spectrum of internal clients, identify opportunities to extend reach and influence of department.
Background and Skills Required
- Work closely with Sr. Director and internal clients to develop and manage annual research budget and plans.
- Define and execute research initiatives aligned with overall organizational strategic direction by analyzing corporate objectives and identifying research needs and opportunities
- Translate strategic research needs into high detailed projects; prioritize workload, ensure high quality execution of projects and on-time, on budget completion.
- Within the Market Research Department, coordinate/manage project plans and timelines, resource allocation, and vendor management.
- Develop and enhance internal client relationships with top executives of each line of business to communicate/interpret business issues and design and translate effective research strategies in order to eliminate knowledge gaps
- Lead in developing actionable research initiatives that drive and validate corporate vision and create positive change throughout the organization.
- Become a thought leader and forward thinker by identifying research opportunities that result in new product development and implementation, new market strategies, and new market entry opportunities
- Produce and present results and draw analytical insights from consumer research efforts and make recommendations to affect overall business direction
FCC Unit_TWC: HQ452
- At least 10 years of experience in marketing research with customer-focused analytical experience including primary market research.
- Media/Cable experiences a plus, services industry preferred. Media or advertising research/agency or consulting experience a plus.
- Ability to develop, motivate and manage vendors
- Required understanding of conducting large research projects and using multiple data sources including primary and secondary research to answer business questions.
- Ability to analyze and draw insights from a variety of primary and secondary research sources including; survey data, focus group information, and market metrics
- Demonstrated experience in a cross-functional, consultative role building consensus and influencing others
- Proficient in analytical tools, Microsoft Excel, Word, and Powerpoint. Experience in Tableau welcomed
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required
- MS or MBA in marketing, market research, or other analytically driven area a plus
Controlling Establishment ID: 00449 - NYC 1633 Broadway
More on TWC:
Time Warner Cable provides generous benefits. Health care and retirement benefits are significant portions of the total compensation package at TWC, and we invest more in those benefits than most employers. In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, competitive paid-time-off programs, work-life resources, and discounted pricing on TWC residential products and services for employees within our footprint. Our hope is that, by providing our employees with rich and flexible benefits, we can help them take care of the people who matter most – at work and at home.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...