Break Media is seeking a Director of Corporate Communication to serve as the lead for Break Media corporate PR and corporate communications initiatives.
Our newly created Director of Corporate Communication will serve as the day-to-day lead on strategic corporate communication for the company. Reporting
direct to the SVP, Head of Marketing – and working closely with the CEO – this role provides the unique opportunity to have a dramatic impact on Break Media’s vision, image in the marketplace, and business goals. You will be chiefly responsible for crafting the corporate brand a message and decipher the strongest vehicles to bring that story to market.
These activities include planning and executing media partnerships, product launches, press tours, and analyst tours. Chief priorities will include developing and distributing press releases, securing media placements in various high-profile publications, developing and submitting speaking and awards proposals, writing or guiding bylined articles with senior team members. The position will be based in Los Angeles and occasional travel will be required for relevant industry events, press opportunities, and media tours.
- Develop external communications strategy with key press outlets across advertising trade, consumer facing entertainment publications, and business focused press.
- Work hand in hand with our PR agency to coordinate efforts to create B2B and B2C awareness around company initiatives.
- Develop and foster relationships with a “beat list” of relevant and targeted reporters
- Work with senior team members to identify opportunities for relevant press opportunities including by-lines placements and conference speaking opportunities.
- Build compelling collateral and messaging to present the strongest story and vision of the company within press and conference opportunities.
- Ability to review and analyze data to identify and exploit pearls of information which can be used as proof points for broader PR initiatives.
- Work directly with a large sales force and client base to develop partner press opportunities around large sales initiatives.
- Support occasional large scale consumer facing PR functions across our upcoming content slate and the Break Media family of sites including Break.com, Screenjunkies.com, Cagepotato.com, and Mademan.com, among others.
- Manage various B2B communication touch points including corporate twitter accounts and corporate blog communication.
- Position is strategically placed within the marketing organization and reports to the SVP of marketing with job function spanning across the company.
- 7+ years of PR experience
- Established relationships with industry relevant PR contacts
- Preferential consideration given to candidates who worked within digital media companies
- Strong drive and ownership mindset; ability to own issues and see them through resolution
- Strong leadership presence; effective cross-functional driver
- You don’t sit and wait for information to come your way, you seek it out, knock on doors, and find all necessary information.
- Proven ability to support multiple business units and engage with senior leadership
- BA/BS degree required
Break Mediais an Equal Opportunity Employer.