One of the world’s largest hospitality companies, Wyndham Worldwide provides a wide range of hospitality products and services through its global portfolio of world-renowned brands.
Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing and Communications, the Director of Corporate Communications develops and manages internal communications strategies, plans, and tactics for a series of critical operational functions within the global organization, including human resources, learning and development, information technology, compensation and benefits, compliance, business continuity, and facilities.
This high-profile position leads a two-person team with a primary focus on internal stakeholders, working in collaboration with all levels of the organization, including senior leadership, to increase knowledge and engagement of developments in key areas, while advancing the overall cultural and reputational objectives of the organization.
As part of a comprehensive communications team, the Director of Corporate Communications supports a wide range of communications, associate engagement, public relations, and brand services functions.
- Start-to-end oversight of internal communications campaigns, projects, and deliverables including developing strategy, writing content, overseeing design and print production, stakeholder approvals (legal, human resources, etc.) and distribution.
- Identify and execute against company and department goals, strategies, and business requirements; and collaborate with key teams to develop integrated program communication plans.
- Lead and manage a two person team, providing strategic and tactical direction and oversight.
- Lead content development for global intranet web site and other digital channels.
- Research, write and produce a variety of print and electronic media in support of communication activities including digital content, videos (script writing), executive communications, presentations, memos, and feature articles.
- Provide guidance and support to internal departments as needed (e.g., photo shoots, proofreading, editing, research and statistics, etc.).
- Coordinate with colleagues across business units responsible for internal communications to ensure effectiveness and consistency of internal communication messaging to all associates.
- Manage and deliver other projects and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or Public Relations-related field preferred with a minimum of 10 years related work experience, corporate environment preferred.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present information clearly, concisely and creatively.
- Outstanding writing skills with experience in crafting messaging for multiple audiences.
- Experience in developing and executing strategic communications plans across a complex organization.
- People management experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat)
- Experience in developing content for digital communications channels, including web sites, intranets, email campaigns, and social media.
- Strong organizational skills to effectively manage multiple projects from inception to completion, adhering to deadlines.
- Strong written communications skills across internal and external channels, including speeches and scripts, news releases, marketing collateral, web content, and articles.
- Experience leading internal communications within large, global organization.
- Event planning and management experience.
- Ability to work under pressure in a detail-oriented, fast paced environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively and foster productive relationships.