If you are interested in this job, please apply by using the apply link below the job description. Or, if you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this job to a friend by clicking on the Tell a Friend option at the bottom of this page.
New Jersey [NJ]
Director, Corporate Human Resources
offers best-in-class Clinical, Consulting and Commercial services to global companies seeking to accelerate performance. With 13,000 employees in 40 countries, we rapidly transform promising ideas into commercial reality. inVentiv has committed itself to hiring and retaining the very best talent in the healthcare industry, those who have a single common characteristic: the desire and aptitude to succeed. We are focused on hiring the best, those who possess unparalleled knowledge and experience as well as a passion for delivering exceptional ideas and service to our clients. In turn, inVentiv provides an opportunity-rich environment where employees can grow as professionals in one of many disciplines and pursue long-term career goals throughout our worldwide network of locations.
Reporting to the Chief Human Resources Officer, the Director, Corporate Human Resources based in Somerset, New Jersey, will serve as the HR Business Partner for the corporate functions. Primary focus will be supporting Global Technology and Shared Services. The ideal candidate will be successful in aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated functions. The HRBP serves as a consultant to management on all Human Resource related issues to include succession planning, talent management, employment, employee relations, compensation and benefits. Within this role you will be responsible for the creation and implementation of a wide range of HR strategies, policies and processes. The ideal candidate will be resourceful and have excellent communication and leadership skills.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Provide consultative support, advice and solutions on all people related subjects, in conjunction with COE’s (Centers of Excellence).
- Partner with managers to create an employee oriented culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, team work and high performance
- Implement and monitor Human Resources policies
- Partner with business operations to ensure a complete understanding of business needs and objectives
- Resolve HR issues including employee relations, staffing, and project management
- Manage and collaborate with off -site Corporate HR Generalist on new hires, terminations, employee relations, and various ad hoc projects
- Champion performance and talent management processes within customer groups.
- Bachelor's degree in human resources, business, management or related field
- 10 years of progressively more responsible positions in human resources
- Experience supervising and managing a professional staff
- Strong, effective communicator in writing, business presentations and in interpersonal communication
- Highly developed, demonstrated teamwork skills
- Demonstrate a high degree of confidentiality and good judgment
- Able to direct the efforts of a team of diverse human resources professionals
- Demonstrated ability to increase productivity and continuously improve methods, approaches, and departmental contribution while being cost-sensitive
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Expert in employment law and employee relations and communication
- Demonstrated ability to see the big picture and provide useful and strategic advice and input across the company and on the senior executive team
- Ability to lead in an environment of constant change
- Ability to travel 10 percent
Minimum Education Level
InventivHealth - 11 months ago