Trulia is the innovative leader in the online real estate industry. We are a successful company and expanding rapidly. This is a great opportunity to join a team of fun passionate people with a vision to help over 35 million monthly users make smarter decisions about real estate whether they are renting, buying or already own a home. Trulia was built on an employee-centric, values driven culture and has been recognized as a 'Best Place to Work' in both the San Francisco Bay Area and Denver. Founded in 2005 and now publicly traded, Trulia is emerging as the leading technology partner for the industry, transforming the real estate experience for consumers and professionals.
The Director of Corporate IT will provide leadership and direction for the organization’s IT department. Take the lead in managing internal technologies for Trulia, the innovative leader in the online real estate industry. We are a successful company with 700+ employees and expanding rapidly. This is a great opportunity to join a team of fun passionate people with a vision to help millions of users make smarter decisions about real estate whether they are renting, buying or already own a home.
- In this IT leadership position, your Team’s goals will be aimed at delivering world class reliability, efficiency and outstanding support to internal user groups.
- You will provide hands on leadership and grow and mentor a team of specialists supporting various IT functions and disciplines. Headquartered in San Francisco, you will be responsible for setting the global IT strategy and performance of corporate and Denver Call Center IT organizations as well as ensure the timely support of the NY office.
- Drive excellence across all IT functions, institute metrics (satisfaction, SLA, etc) and processes to guarantee scalability, reliability and efficiency.
- Provide annual IT budgeting to maintain organizational operations and support enterprise growth.
- Understand disaster recovery (DR) requirement and know how to coordinate with IT service provider to invoke procedures in the event of the disaster.
- Understand overall business continuity (BC) concepts and co-location structures and how BC is achieved.
- Single point of contact for all IT related projects and initiatives ensuring proper follow up and communication.
- Manage deployment and ongoing support of desktops, laptops and corporate services (file systems, backups, printing services, VPN etc) to the main office and remote locations.
- Support smartphones and mobile devices (iphones, Androids, tablets, etc).
- Manage and expand Trulia’s multi location network, providing access to Trulia internal resources to 700+ employees, constantly monitoring for performance and reliability.
- Hands on experience with routing, switches VPN solutions, firewalls corporate switches.
- Manage and expand the company's telephone system, supporting inside sales teams.
- Manage licensing and IT asset purchasing and management, and responsible for acquiring tools and technologies needed to support business growth and efficiency.
- Handle vendor management, and ensure that we are compliant with current regulations.
- Support expansion to new facilities.
- Hands on knowledge of windows and MAC environments.
- Demonstrated experience with corporate networks, routing, switches, VPN etc.
- MS Networks, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Exchange.
- Demonstrated experience deploying and managing VOIP systems (direct experience with ShoreTel a plus) in business critical environments.
- Experience with IT ticketing systems, satisfaction metrics, SLA.
- Must be able to communicate well under stress and with a wide variety of personalities and levels within the organization.
- Must have solid project management skills and be able to drive a project from ideation to completion, making the necessary compromise where needed.
- Must be a solid problem solver.
- Must have superior leadership skills, proven ability to grow the team and maintain excellence.
- 7+ years IT experience, with at least 3+ years of that experience within a large organization.
- Experience with an online company preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Engineering or a related field.