Teach For America - Houston is seeking a Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations who will work within our regional development team to help raise approximately $35 million in operating revenue over the next 3 years, as we enter the next 20 year period of our presence in Houston. The Director, Corporate and Foundation Relations will report directly to and work closely with the Senior Managing Director of Development on setting and executing high level development strategies, managing a team of talented development professionals, and managing a portfolio of donors and prospects. Teach For America - Houston intends to grow its funding base by 60% percent in the next 3 years. We are looking for a Director, Corporate and Foundation Relations who is an excellent communicator, relationship-builder, project manager, and strategic thinker to help drive this effort. He/she will be responsible for both their portfolio and the broader team effort to enlist more supporters in our fundraising and growth campaign. He/she will directly manage the Associate, Corporate and Foundation Relations as well as a Specialist, Development Communications.
Teach For America - Houston
The same entrepreneurial spirit that made Houston the world's energy capital is behind the efforts to increase educational opportunities for Houston students. For more than 21 years, Teach For America has been a part of that work. Today, our 450 corps members teach 40,000 Houston students. Our 1,000 area alumni work from all sectors to create lasting change. Their ranks include principals and assistant principals, non-profit leaders, founders of charter schools, and school system leaders.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Education and Experience
- Developing and implementing a multi-year strategy for ambitiously growing corporate and foundation support
- Building and cultivating long-term relationships with current and prospective funders to deepen their investment in Teach For America's mission
- Acting as a reliable and dedicated go-to for the Senior Managing Director of Development, attending meetings and events in his/her absence.
- Managing the deadline-driven calendar of all development activities related to corporations and foundations
- Researching and evaluating corporate and foundation prospects
- Coordinating school visits, volunteering opportunities, and events for corporate and foundation funders
- Managing the Associate and Specialist, ensuring they are producing high quality work and effectively communicating Teach For America's vision and programmatic efforts
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelors degree required
- 3+ years experience
- Teach For America staff or alumni experience preferred
Application Requirements and Process
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong customer service ethic
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and to juggle several projects at once with a spirit of flexibility and positive outlook
- Passion for the mission of Teach For America
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please submit your resume and one-page cover letter with your application.
Teach For America - 9 months ago
All kids—no matter where they live, how much money their parents make, or what their skin color is – deserve access to a great...