Description and Qualifications
The Transamerica companies offer a wide array of innovative financial services and products with a common purpose: to help individuals, families, and businesses build, protect and preserve their hard-earned assets. With more than a century of experience, we have built a solid reputation on solid management, sound decisions and consumer confidence. Transamerica is a part of AEGON, an international life insurance, pension, and asset management company based in The Hague, the Netherlands. AEGON has businesses in over twenty markets in the Americas, Europe and Asia, AEGON companies employ approximately 26,500 people and have some 40 million customers across the globe. For more information, visit
Transamerica Life Protection (LP) division provides operations, information technology, legal, marketing, and finance support to internal agents and independent producers who market the companies life insurance, health insurance, long-term care insurance, marketing services, and investment products. We are committed to enhancing financial results through creativity, innovation, risk management, and service while treating our policyholders, employees, and other customers with integrity and respect. We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program, and the opportunity for professional growth and advancement.
To drive creative strategy for the business unit, including multi-media and direct mail design.
1. Directs efforts of creative team; comprised of internal and external resources.
2. Monitors effectiveness of creative, identifying new controls and/or makes appropriate adjustments to various existing concepts.
3. Develops creative and communication strategies utilizing multiple channels.
4. Develops new design for both print and Internet.
5. Responsible for the development of B2C and B2B collateral, supporting marketing business plans.
6. Ensures advertising and marketing collateral is developed to meet state and federal regulations.
7. Coordinates creation, redirect and revisions of materials with artists in creative services.
8. Partners with other members of the Marketing Team to develop and drive Marketing Objectives/Strategy.
9. Manages outside resources when required for an assignment including coordinating presentations.
10. Liaison with Corporate Brand, Internet, Innovation and technology teams.
11. Develop and maintain creative and technology vendor contracts and SLAs.
12. Working with Production to determine the proper printing specifications of a project.
13. Manages the bid process for creative and technology solutions, acting as both vendor and project manager.
14. Acts as a design and Internet expert within the Business Unit, providing ongoing recommendations based on current and emerging trends.
15. Maintains compliance with all standards, controls, policies and practices as an active participant in the Company’s Information Privacy and Security Program.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Min of 8 years experience in Print design, particularly in the insurance industry.
2. Min of 8 years experience in Internet/Multi media design.
3. Knowledge of Insurance, banking or financial services a plus.
4. Experience managing a virtual team.
5. Knowledge of Adobe software and print production processes.
6. Strong graphic conceptualization skills.
7. Ability to handle multiple priorities within a deadline oriented environment.
1. BA in Graphic Design, Marketing, or related degree
2. Proficient knowledge of Internet technologies and tools to support marketing and sales efforts.
Pay, Benefits, and Work Schedule
Benefit eligible employees qualify for the AEGON USA, Inc. benefit package, which is a comprehensive package including optional Health, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, 401k, and more Additional details may be provided upon selection for interview.
Transamerica’s pay ranges are competitive and are based on the external labor market. An annual bonus opportunity may be available to regular employees.
Note: Job offer amounts are commensurate with applicant qualifications, level of experience and other compensable factors and are determined by hiring supervisors/managers.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please follow the online application process. Be sure to fully complete the form and include your resume. If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email
All Transamerica companies are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws. This policy extends to recruiting and hiring, working conditions, training programs, promotions and transfers, use of Company facilities, and all other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Sales & Marketing
Transamerica.com - 14 months ago