Position Summary: |
The Director for Curricular & Instructional Design (DCID) assists the objectives and strategic vision of the Education Department, reporting directly to the Vice President of Education/Academic Affairs. The DCID carries out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: Accreditation; Assessment Design & Analysis; Curriculum Alignment/Design/Development; Instructional Alignment/Design/Development; Creation of Professional Presentations/Publications; Contact Management; Financial/Budgetary; Education Research; and Cross Departmental Coordination.
The primary responsibility of this position is to develop and improve in collaboration with the VP of Education/Academic Affairs, all aspects of Envision academic programming with a focus on curriculum, instruction, and assessment.
- Lead the curricular and instructional design project team across multiple subject areas, ensuring alignment to national standards, current educational research, and the organizational Education Platform.
- Manage assessments, analyze resulting data, and draft required reports for internal records and external stakeholders.
- Provide innovative thinking in emerging education fields, with a specific focus on the role of technology and digital learning (i.e. Adaptive Learning, Blended Learning, etc.).
- Produce research supported, professional content for organizational print and digital platforms.
- Provide cross-departmental support to Marketing, assisting with copy review, messaging, and content creation as needed.
- Present and publish on behalf of the organization.
Degree & Certifications (required and preferred):
M.A., M.S., or M.Ed. (required)
Skills (required and preferred):
Knowledge (required and preferred):
- Excellent professional writing skills required
- Strong oral communication and presentation skills required
- Proven track record of collaboration and innovation skills required
- Project Management skills in the areas of ideation, organization, development, and analysis required
- Detail oriented with ability to prioritize and work on various projects simultaneously
- Ability to work autonomously within a small team environment
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
Minimum number of years experience and in what area of focus (required and preferred):
- Experience with National Standards, preferably the Common Core State Standards, Next Generation of Science Standards, and the C3 Framework for Inquiry in Social Studies State Standards required
- Experience with UBD Curricular Design / Mapping methodology strongly preferred
- Knowledge of the K16 Education Space required
- Knowledge of emerging K16 initiatives required
- Technology: Adaptive Learning, Blended Learning, Flipped Classrooms, MOOCs, etc.
- Methods: Problem Based, Project Based, Inquiry Based, etc.
- Issues: Brain Based, 21st Century Skills, Personalized Learning, etc.
- 5 years of classroom teaching experience at the K-12 level required
- 5 years of curriculum or instructional design preferred
Envision is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Envision - 30+ days ago
copy to clipboard -