Basic Function and Scope of the Position:
As a member of the leadership team of the Customer Solutions Team, this position has responsibility for building and leading the team, infrastructure and processes that will enable Illumina customers and internal development teams to quickly and effectively design custom genotyping, sequencing and expression analysis products by leveraging Illumina’s designable assays and platforms. The success metrics for this role will include product sales, turn around time, and gross margin targets as well as the effective formation and leadership of this cross-functional team.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Build and lead a team that includes concierge client services, assay design software development, informatics, process engineers and a QC/Validation laboratory.
• Establish end-to-end workflows from customer interface to manufacturing and re-order that enable cost effective and efficient scaling of the custom product design and fulfillment process.
• Provide strategic input to maximize Illumina’s market share in their custom product lines.
• Provides strategic leadership and direction to maximize customer experience when ordering and using custom products.
• Meet product, yield, quality and turn around time targets for custom products established by all of Illumina’s Business Units.
• Develop and continuously improve software tools used by internal and external customers to design and predict functionality of custom sequencing, genotyping and expression assays.
• Interface with Sales, Marketing, Support and Operations to ensure custom products are meeting strategic, quality, operational and financial targets.
• Provides clear decisions to direct reports and colleagues to facilitate the fast paced culture.
• Formulate long-range strategic plans, operating plans, budgets and programs to support company objectives.
• Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
Preferred Educational Background:
• B.S./M.S. in life sciences or related field required.
• Advanced degree such as a Ph.D. or M.B.A. preferred.
Preferred Experiential Background:
• 10+ years business leadership experience in a related industry.
• Demonstrated ability to build strong, independent diverse cross-functional teams
• Demonstrated ability to meet operational and financial targets in a complex business environment
• Demonstrated ability to manage senior managers and to provide effective sponsorship to cross-functional teams.
• Demonstrated ability to define long-term strategy and translate into tactical plans for execution
• Experience building and managing a manufacturing line, QC laboratory or similar facility
• Experience managing software developers, bioinformatics scientists, or similar teams
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to both front-line staff and senior executives
• Strong organizational and planning skills
Illumina is an equal opportunity employer
Illumina, Inc. - 4 months ago
Illumina elucidates the human genome. The firm makes tools used by life sciences and drug researchers to isolate and analyze...