For years, Cisco's vision has been to change the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns. Our vision is more relevant today than ever. We made the Internet what it is today. First, we focused on creating connectivity. Now, we're entering the Internet of Everything transition—an era where we'll help create unprecedented value by connecting the unconnected.
The Internet of Everything is a global industry phenomenon that is driving the biggest market transition for Cisco and our customers. This includes the intelligent connection of people, process, data, and things. It's where everything is converged on the Internet, making networked connections more relevant and valuable than before.
To help us bring this vision to life, join us in our exciting journey.
Cisco’s Emerging Countries Council (ECC) drives the transformation and acceleration of Cisco’s opportunities in the Emerging Countries by cross-functional, in-theatre, and in-country collaboration. As a catalyst for transformational growth in priority countries, the ECC provides a strategic lens into cross-functional needs for growth markets, and drives alignment and prioritization of initiatives through a disciplined approach.
This is an executive position for a high energy, entrepreneurial leader who has the ability to lead high performing teams and drive projects from strategy through execution. The role requires engagement at the highest levels of the company, with the ability to build influence and relationships across global functions. The right candidate for this role will have the rare combination of innate curiosity to understand and thrive global markets, along with the ambition to create tangible impact for one of the world’s largest technology companies. The Director will also have responsibility to allocate seed money for an investment portfolio across all segments and geographies in the Emerging Markets. The Director will lead a team of more than half a dozen strategy and operations staff that is already recognized as a catalyst for Cisco transformation, shaping the future of the company by collaboratively leading high profile, strategic engagements. This individual will be required to work at all levels of Cisco to facilitate decision-making, accountability, and results. This critical role requires discretion, intense focus, and quick turnaround, leveraging resources from across the company, our partner ecosystem, and the world, in developing and executing critical elements of the company’s globalization strategy. This individual will lead short-to-medium term, high impact, programs and engagements ranging from leading broad cross-functional teams towards transformational change to conducting targeted analysis within a particular customer segment or opportunity in the business. In order to succeed, the Director needs to have the versatility to build rapport with senior executives while also delivering high quality results from the Emerging Countries team. This is a profound opportunity for a gifted leader to build knowledge in the most important growth markets of the world, including BRIC (Brazil, Russia, India, China), the Next Wave, and all ~130 Emerging Countries that encompass this team’s charter.
• Experience allocating seed money for an investment portfolio
• This is a leadership role. Experience managing a team is required
• Adept at driving corporate strategy and making complex decisions related to company direction
• Experience in an a similar industry and environment preferred
• Experience presenting to and working with CXO level stakeholder
• Skills – strategic consulting, advanced analytical capabilities, ability to multi-task on a number of deliverables on short timelines, manage teams across the world to drive results, manage and build relationships with senior executive stakeholders
• Requirements – strategy consulting experience (not IT consulting ), corporate strategy experience (including visibility to and responsibility for senior relationships), demonstrated leadership, passion for global markets
• 10 plus years of relevant experience required
• MBA required or equivalent experience
Cisco Systems - 15 months ago
Are you changing the world? We are.
Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Our...