Millions of times a day in more than 85% of American households, consumers reach for Pinnacle Foods brands. We are a leading producer, marketer and distributor of high-quality branded food products, which have been trusted household names for decades. Headquartered in Parsippany, New Jersey, our business employs an average of approximately 4,300 employees. We are a leader in the shelf stable and frozen foods segments and our brands hold the #1 or #2 market position in 8 out of 12 major category segments in which they compete. Our Duncan Hines Grocery Division manages Leadership brands such as Duncan Hines® baking mixes and frostings, Vlasic® shelf-stable pickles and Mrs. Butterworth's® and Log Cabin® table syrups and Foundation brands such as Armour® canned meats, Brooks® and Nalley® chili and chili ingredients, Comstock® and Wilderness® pie and pastry fillings and Open Pit® barbecue sauces. Our Birds Eye Frozen Division manages Leadership brands such as Birds Eye®, Birds Eye Steamfresh®, C&W®, McKenzie's®, and Fresh like® vegetables, Birds Eye Voila!® complete bagged meals and Van de Kamp's® and Mrs. Paul's® seafood and Foundation brands such as Lender's® bagels, Celeste® pizza, Hungry-Man® dinners and entrées and Aunt Jemima® frozen breakfasts. Our Specialty Foods Division manages Tim's Cascade Snacks®, Hawaiian® Kettle Style Potato Chips, Erin’s® Popcorn, Snyder of Berlin® and Husman's® in addition to our food service and private label businesses. Pinnacle Foods is a Top 1000 Company ranked on Fortune Magazine’s 2011 Top 1000 companies list.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
The Director will be the key intersection point between the sales organization and the resources of the Insights function. He/she will be responsible for providing support to sales in the use of syndicated data, consumer research, and the integration of consumer insights into sales strategies and plans. The incumbent will also be a key integration point in the use, and merging, of customer data with Pinnacle and third party information.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure the availability and appropriate use of the data and analytic needs, both syndicated and consumer, of the sales organization
- Conduct all Primary Shopper Analyses driving foundational learning of consumers as shoppers on their complete path to purchase.
- Conduct Control Store/Market Tests and Shelf Simulated Tests for in-store validation.
- Be the primary insight liaison between Sales, Pricing Analytics, Shopper Marketing, Trade Marketing & Assortment.
- Identify effectiveness, efficiency, and innovation opportunities in the acquisition and use of syndicated information, shopper, distributor and retailer data.
- Use syndicated, retailer, and shopper data to drive customer knowledge and institutional learning.
- Collaborate with marketing, sales, and CI to identify and evaluate business building ideas.
- Work closely with the brand CI team, use consumer data to develop sales focused business insights.
- Working closely with IRI, insure the timely availability of data and analytics to support sales deployment, program development and measurement, and ROI measures.
- Insure the appropriate cost/value relationships in the data acquired, the analysis performed, and the recommendations made in support of sales.
- Use syndicated information to identify the business drivers at retail and the financial leverage of those drivers
- Identify and implement industry best practices in sales support
- Provide necessary training to the organization on syndicated data, analysis, and sales modeling
- Partner with key customers on learning initiatives.
- Build Consumer Insight into the Go-to-market Platform.
- Facilitate War-Gaming exercises on Key Leadership Brands.
- Set, manage, and evaluate the priorities of the assigned vendor on-site resources.
- Ensure vendor understanding of Pinnacle sales strategies, objectives, and information needs.
- Strong communications skills: Oral, Presentation, Written, Interpersonal.
- Fully-blended research skills: custom and syndicated.
- Strong analytic skills and the ability to integrate diverse data sets.
- Ability to understand and deal with complexity and ambiguity in a fast moving environment.
- Effective Leader, Teacher, Coach, and Mentor.
- Able to interact effectively with senior sales management and retail counterparts.
- Hands on, action oriented, team player.
- Understand the retail CPG industry with emphasis on food products (frozen and dry)
- In depth knowledge of information research, data, and analytic vendors and their capabilities.
- Knowledge of retailer strategies and marketplace positioning.
- Knowledge of customer data.
- Solid understanding of marketing and sales concepts, tools, and applications.
- Experience providing business insights at the point where consumer, shopper, and customer needs intersect.
- Understanding of IT issues related to sales data.
- Strong computer skills, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Seven to ten years of marketing/sales research experience with heavy concentration in sales support. Experience with a major information vendor, retailer, or packaged goods company strongly preferred.
- Deep understanding of the packaged goods marketing and sales practices and processes.
- In depth experience with POS, panel, shopper, and pricing data.
- Hands on experience with leading sales analytic tools
- Matrixed leadership experience in a multi-client environment.
Pinnacle Foods Group is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Undergraduate degree essential.
- MBA/MA/MS strongly preferred.
- Relevant majors: Marketing, Marketing Research, Economics, or Statistics.