The Customer Service Contracts and Financials Division of the Customer Service Support and Improvement Department at HECO has a Management vacancy available. (Role: Director) |
Effectively directs, develops, negotiates, and manages vendor contracts for consultants, software licensing and maintenance, and other professional services. Directs the sourcing of contracts and engages in negotiation and competitive bidding. Leads and negotiates strategic relationships as needed.
Promotes and maintains positive Company relationship with vendors. Works with vendors for accountability of contractual performance. Partners with vendors to achieve cost containment/savings while maintaining excellent service.
Oversees department compliance with legal, purchasing, contract, regulatory, and accounting internal and external guidelines, controls, policies, laws, and/or requirements.
Effectively manages all financial activities for the CSSI. Oversees the development and management of the CSSI budget and forecasts. Ensures that internal and external financial and statistical reports and other information are prepared accurately, and provided on a timely basis. Reviews journal entries and cost adjustments for reasonableness.
Prepares, monitors, and analyzes the department's operating and projects budget and forecasts, including allocation of inter-company billings to HECO, HELCO, and MECO. Plans, initiates, directs, monitors all divisional activities and programs to ensure that company goals and objectives are achieved.
Manages and supports the development, preparation, submission, presentation, and execution of regulatory matters, and prepare filings on behalf of the CSSI, including rate case testimony, information request responses, etc. Maximizes successful recovery of project and operating costs.
Manage and administer divisional personnel matters including performance evaluations, employee recognition, disciplinary actions, interviews, training and development, two-way communication, teamwork, and safety, so that employees may have the opportunity for reaching their potential. Provides direction and guidance to CSCF personnel. Determines the division's present and forecasted operational need for budgeting purposes.
- Thorough understanding of purchasing principles and practice, contract law, principles of negotiation, economics and business administration. Such knowledge would normally be acquired through college level courses or related years of experience.
- Working knowledge of operations, maintenance, project management, consulting, finance, information technology, as well as a broad understanding of utility business practices.
- Thorough understanding of supplier practices, techniques, and risks (to both supplier and Company) associated with professional consultation. Familiar with risk mitigating measures and options when dealing with non-compliant suppliers.
- Thorough knowledge of budgeting and forecasting concepts, principles, and processes (including annual Operating Forecast, Capital Budgets, equipment, office furniture and equipment, etc.).
- Working knowledge of cost accounting principles, tax accounting, data processing concepts, generally accepted accounting principles, utility accounting, finance, and rate-making principles.
- Working knowledge of project management principles, software engineering and ITS practices in software implementation.
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements (i.e. SOX, PUC, etc.), r egulatory accounting, law, principles, practice, and rate-making concepts, particularly as it relates to Hawaii.
- Knowledge of the capabilities and responsibilities of HECO/HELCO/MECO departments and divisions, as well as personnel in these areas involved with goods and services procurement.
- Working knowledge of personal computers and mainframe systems and related software applications (i.e. spreadsheets, word processing, power point, database management systems, etc.), ERP systems, accounting and budgeting software systems.
- Thorough knowledge of policies and procedures contained in such documents as Company/Union agreement, Accident Prevention Manual, General Information Manual, Code of Conduct, etc.
- Supervisory/leadership skills including effective written, oral, listening, and presentation/platform communication skills/negotiation and conflict resolution skills, project management skills, ability to work with a variety of individuals; and the willingness and ability to train personnel.
- Requires a great attention to detail, structure and rigor while demonstrating sound financial acumen; in analysis, reporting, planning, budget and forecasting.
- Ability to conceptualize new ideas quickly. Ability to remain flexible in a very demanding work environment and adapt to rapidly changing priorities. Ability to determine the root causes of issues and problems and quickly develops solutions to resolve them.
- Excellent organizational skills. Ability to multi-task, process and follow-up systematically.
- Strong interpersonal skills to influence, motivate, and persuade various groups or individuals. Ability to handle difficult and/or sensitive issues while using tact, courtesy and discretion.
- Ability to develop, negotiate and manage contracts for consultant services, software products, etc.
- Contract administration, strategic sourcing, spend analysis, and supplier motivational skills.
- Analytical, organizational and conceptual skills to assess the demands of the job and to recommend proper actions.
- Ability to remain flexible in a very demanding work environment and adapt to rapidly changing priorities.
- Demonstrated analytical and administrative skills required for such tasks as preparing, monitoring and analyzing forecasts; preparing appraisals and conducting interviews; carrying out company/department policies and procedures.
- Strong computer skills for personal computers and/or mainframe systems and related software applications such as: spreadsheets, word processing, etc.
How To Apply
- Several years (3-5) of related business experience, preferably in such occupational areas as contract administration, accounting, budget and planning, project management, or economics in the regulated electric utility business are desirable.
- Few (2-3) years experience with the regulatory process.
- Several years (3-5) of supervisory experience.
HECO employees who meet the minimum requirements should apply on-line at HR Suite by clicking on the link below:
(Should you have problems linking to the on-line application, please call the HR Service Center at 543-4848.)
All others who meet the minimum qualifications should apply at careers.heco.com
Submittal of an application for the position:
1. Authorizes HECO to share any and all information regarding previous or present employment, educational training or personal information from their records and from any other source with the hiring department or subsidiary company;
2. Releases and waives HECO from any and all liability for any damage which may be claimed as a result of furnishing such information to the hiring department or subsidiary company; and
3. Authorizes release and transfer of all personnel records to be maintained by the hiring company in the event of an inter-company transfer.
a) To the extent permitted by law, HECO may conduct a criminal conviction record inquiry for the past 10 years.
b) HECO is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We actively seek diversity among our employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender/sex, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, arrest and court record, sexual orientation, veteran status, or other protected categories in accordance with state and federal laws.
c) If you require accommodations during the application process, please contact the HR Service Center at 543-4848.
Number of Vacancies
Primary Work Location
Last Updated By
No results found.
Hawaiian Electric Company - 21 months ago