Casey Family Programs, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is a national operating foundation that provides and improves—and ultimately prevents the need for—foster care. We value a diverse and culturally competent workplace.
The Director, Customer Service & Support is responsible for the operation of the Service Desk for IT services and applications across the organization including end-user education and self service offerings. This position is focused on providing a customer-focused, efficient, and effective interface with the user community of Casey Family Programs demonstrating exceptional customer service and ensuring that issues and requests are managed and resolved to expectations according to well established processes.
% of Time
· Manages Service Desk team and their workload, including but not limited to: hiring, training, scheduling, and coaching. Responsible for team’s overall performance and for motivating team to exceed department goals and objectives.
· Develops and monitors Service Level Agreements (SLA) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to ensure that established standards of quality and customer services are met. Establishes, monitors, and ensures effective troubleshooting, escalation, solution, knowledge documentation, and user education processes. As owner of the Incident Management function, initiates changes to procedures to ensure continuous quality improvement.
· Collaborates with IT leadership to ensure an effective Problem Management function. Leads analysis and measurement of incidents to identify underlying problems and increase of First Call Resolution.
· Represents and becomes the IT entry point for operational engagement. Establishes and maintains a strong business partnership with internal and external customers to fully understand and meet their technological needs. Engages with internal customers to ensure support needs are meeting expectations. Proactively communicates customer needs and expectations to IT management and the IT organization.
· In collaboration with Organizational Development, designs, delivers and oversees adequate educational programs for end-user population.
· As a member of the IT Leadership team serves as a strong voice of the customer to the team and is responsible for assuring that support and user education needs are represented and considered in technology deployments and changes. Plays a leadership role in the change management process. Ensures changes are evaluated for risk and proper planning prior to implementation.
· Undertakes other duties that are commensurate with grade and experience.
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience. Experience must include 5+ years’ experience in technical customer relations and support and 3+ years in a service desk or similar management role. ITIL v3 or MOF certification required.
· Conceptual and working technical knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, Windows printing and networking, mobile devices, and SharePoint. Familiarity with enterprise and web based application support, VoIP, wireless networks, and SalesForce preferred.
· Troubleshooting skills and an ability to teach others troubleshooting methodologies.
· Possess strong leadership and management skills which include staff development, team building, conflict resolution, coaching, process improvement, problem analysis and risk assessment. Effectively manage individual and team Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
· Proven ability to develop education plans and deliver effective training.
· Demonstrated project management experience and understanding of project management methodology.
· Excellent communication skills are essential. This will include effective oral and written communication, feedback, performance evaluations and setting performance expectations. Ability to communicate with a wide variety of people on all levels of the organization including Board of Trustees and Executive staff.
· Demonstrated effective time management and prioritization skills.
· Physical requirements include the ability to lift and reach for light objects; close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures; ability to type utilizing a computer keyboard; ability to travel to outside locations; the ability to work at a computer for extended periods of time as a primary job function; ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds; occasionally carry up to 25 pounds; sit and stand frequently while completing tasks; walk, climb, bend and kneel and crouch occasionally; and the ability to do frequent overhead and shoulder-level reaching, pushing, pulling and grasping.
Casey Family Programs - 14 months ago