ICANN has an exciting new opening for a Director of Customer Service. The Director, Customer Service provides leadership and strategic vision to a team of new gTLD Customer Service Representatives. The Customer Service function provides support to new gTLD applicants and the general public, and plays an integral part in the overall success of the New gTLD Program.
The Director, Customer Service is ultimately responsible for the performance of the Customer Management function, ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction through the delivery of excellent customer service. This role is responsible for the development and execution of strategic customer service-centric plans that will foster better communication and support for applicants. This individual will be responsible for ensuring a positive customer experience through ongoing communications, needs analysis and definition, and reporting of relevant statistics.
- Primary responsibility for the overall vision, strategy, and performance of the Customer Service function.
- Expand the Customer Service function into a first-class global, service-oriented organization.
- Direct ongoing operations activities and serve as final authority for all personnel and Customer Management operations decisions.
- Provide leadership to Customer Management staff and create a culture that encourages staff’s productivity and responsiveness to the needs of applicants.
- Evolve the Customer Management function as necessary to align with New gTLD Program objectives.
- Recruit and build the Customer Management staff to meet Program resourcing requirements.
- Create career map and training programs to develop Customer Management staff.
- Create tools to allow Customer Management staff to better perform their jobs.
- Create reporting mechanisms to better communicate current issues, needs, statistics to executive team and other stakeholders.
- Identify areas for improvement and direct continuous improvement initiatives to improve Customer Management efficiency and effectiveness.
- Lead the ongoing effort to educate and inform applicants about Program requirements and processes.
- Responsible for Customer Management budget management.
ICANN is an unusual global organization. It is based on a multi-stakeholder concept that brings interested voices around the world into the bottom-up policy-making process for the Internet’s domain name system. You can find more about us at http://www.icann.org .
There is no typical ICANN employee. Our staff has a wide range of backgrounds and working styles, with many working remotely, and we have offices in Europe, Australia and the United States. We are expanding and changing rapidly.
ICANN values diversity and gives preference to candidates with demonstrated skills in languages in addition to proficient written and spoken English.
- Excellent communications skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to garner consensus from multi stakeholders
- Proven ability to make decisions with limited information and based on assumptions
- Capable of solving complex issues in an ambiguous environment
- Ability to manage and motivate a team
Prior international experience strongly preferred.
- 15+ years of total work experience with a minimum of 10 years of people management experience
- Relevant experience in the use of customer relationship system tools to improve customer service
- Experience with developing and implementing initiatives in an effort to improve existing processes and programs
ICANN is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, age or other protected characteristics and complies with all applicable laws and regulations.
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. ICANN offers a competitive benefits package, including a retirement savings plan and also employer-paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance.
All resumes should accompany a well written cover letter (first impressions are everything). Tell us why you are the best person for the job. Only those with comparable skills will be contacted. No phone calls or email please.
About ICANN: ICANN’s mission is to ensure a stable, secure and unified global Internet. To reach another person on the Internet you have to type an address into your computer – a name or a number. That address has to be unique so computers know where to find each other. ICANN coordinates these unique identifiers across the world. Without that coordination we wouldn’t have one global Internet. ICANN was formed in 1998. It is a not-for-profit public-benefit corporation with participants from all over the world dedicated to keeping the Internet secure, stable and interoperable. It promotes competition and develops policy on the Internet’s unique identifiers. ICANN doesn’t control content on the Internet. It cannot stop spam and it doesn’t deal with access to the Internet. But through its coordination role of the Internet’s naming system, it does have an important impact on the expansion and evolution of the Internet. For more information please visit: http://www.icann.org .
ICANN - 23 months ago