Director, Customer Service – |
The Director, Customer Service Altavista is responsible for the daily operations and overall performance results of the Altavista, Virginia Customer Service center. The functions performed within the center may include any combination of: inbound customer service calls in a dedicated and/or blended environment, outbound customer courtesy calls, data entry and correspondence processing, victim assistance and web support.
- Responsible for meeting/exceeding all key performance indicators expected of the Altavista call center, while ensuring adherence to all company policies, Compliance requirements and Partner expectations.
- Maintains and improves call center operations by monitoring performance; identifying and resolving problems; preparing and completing action plans; completing audits and analyses; managing process improvement and quality assurance.
- Accomplish objectives by coaching, counseling and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Actively collaborate with all other Intersections’ call centers to maintain consistency in practices.
- Act as the Altavista Customer Service liaison for Client Services and Partner site audits and visits.
- Effectively manage customer complaints to ensure resolution steps are in compliance with Intersections’ policies and procedures. Speak directly to customers when necessary.
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with HR, IT Operations, Facilities, Client Services, Quality and Training departments.
- Partner with HR to ensure effective recruitment and selection to attract and retain high quality employees.
- Work with the Quality and Training Departments to identify and deliver training needs and constructive Quality monitoring feedback.
- Provide leadership and coaching to Call Center Supervisors through role modeling and coaching to ensure maximum effectiveness, as well as continual learning and professional development.
- Analyze current operations and reports to determine performance gaps; create and manage action plans to drive improvement.
- Ensure that appropriate new product, procedure and policy training is communicated in a timely manner to all necessary staff members. Work to ensure that refresher training opportunities are identified and communicated to the Training Department.
- Oversee daily activities to optimize the scheduling provided by the RPM department; monitor and manage real-time adherence of the call center resources.
- Manage projects and/or participate as a project member on Customer Service initiatives. Prepare timely reports to management on results of these programs.
- Proactively develop, implement and maintain programs to drive exemplary levels of service to customers within established guidelines.
- Resolve and track servicing issues escalated by customers and staff, when necessary.
- Facilitate collaborative problem solving strategies to resolve issues through effective communication with all levels of internal customers.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- 7-10 years call center experience; 5 years management experience in 100+ seat call center
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work with all levels of employees
- Ability to manage and provide feedback to all types of individuals
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent motivational and team building skills
- Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, correspondence, and regulations
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to adapt and manage to an ever-changing environment
- Self-motivated and takes initiative
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Willingness to be on call and carry a cell phone during all hours of operation, and off hours, as required
- 2 years ago - save job