The Director of Field Engineering – Cyber Intelligence will be responsible for providing thought leadership, technical expertise and sales support to the Boeing Account Team in support of Boeing’s development of a world-class cyber security and information assurance practice. As a respected authority in the information security business, the Director of Field Engineering – Cyber Intelligence will represent Narus in multiple and various types of business strategy sessions with Boeing personnel, partners, and customers, advocating the business interests and technical capabilities of Narus. This position will be held accountable for helping achieve specific sales revenue goals, as well as support other major business objectives which advance company-wide business goals. This position will require approximately 30-60% travel.
- Provide the highest possible caliber of professional engineering expertise to support Boeing and its customers in their pursuit of cyber security and mission assurance business.
- Conduct sales presentations and demonstrations for existing and potential customers and partners.
- Manage the technical relationship with customers and prospects throughout the sales process. This includes developing and maintaining relationships with technical contacts within the customer, keeping account information up to date in the Narus CRM system, and attendance at all sales, sales engineering, and product management meetings regarding the customer.
- Detail and present Narus product features, operation, support services and value propositions to Boeing, its partners, and customers.
- Respond to RFP/RFI/RFQs and participating in the bids and proposals process.
- Write “statements of work” for projects and potential projects.
- Install and manage customer technical evaluations of large software applications including hands-on software installation, troubleshooting and support.
- Provide detailed/timely customer product feedback and feature requests to product management.
- Lead technical discussions at partner workshops, tradeshows, and joint selling opportunities.
- Architect and recommend specific deployment solutions of Narus products for customers.
- Install, conduct, and manage product trials and demonstrations at customer locations.
- Perform and manage product implementations at customer locations in close coordination with Narus operations/deployment team.
- Perform technical product training for customers and partners.
- Troubleshoot and resolve product issues discovered during the trial or implementation process.
- Schedule and complete the hand-off of customer support to the Narus support team after completing implementations.
Current Top Secret clearance required
- Previous Sales Engineer experience (min 4 years) for a data network vendor, service provider or network security company, including both presentation and hands-on responsibilities, and a total of at least 7 years experience in a relevant technical role.
- A BS/BA degree in a technical discipline, or a business degree with equivalent technical experience and certification.
- Broad understanding of network topologies, equipment and protocol analysis is required. Packet capture/intercept experience is a plus.
- Hands-on background in TCP/IP, routing topologies and protocols including BGP4 and MPLS is required.
- Strong network security background with knowledge of Firewall, IDS, IPS, Virus, Internet worms, DDoS, and network exploits is required.
- Understanding of Access control and authentication infrastructure (iPlanet, .NET, Netegrity, RSA/Securant, Oblix, LDAP, CMS, PKI, RADIUS/Tacacs+) is preferred.
- Network management understanding or experience (SNMP, RMON, OpenView, Unicenter, Tivoli, Netcool) is preferred.
- Proficient in Red Hat Linux and UNIX variants including OS installations and upgrades. Software installation and troubleshooting experience with scripting abilities in various shell languages required.
- Relational database/SQL experience strongly desired, with programming experience such as C/C++ preferred.
- Previous experience successfully responding to RFIs, RFPs, RFQs to Fortune 1000 level customers including data service/hosting providers.
- Excellent communication skills and familiarity with presentation tools, such as Microsoft Powerpoint.
- Proven track record of helping sales account managers close deals with Fortune 1000 customers by overcoming "perceived" and real customer technical hurdles while at the same time articulating product technical value propositions and benefits.
- Proven track record of helping sales account managers close deals with US Government or other large Federal integrators and service providers.