The Director serves as the DC Center's leader in the areas of corporate / association and community college partnership development, inquiry generation, application generation, and enrollments. This position is responsible for strategic recruitment and enrollment efforts. It has equal responsibility for increasing enrollments, growing assessment by exam numbers, and representing Excelsior's Center for Professional Development. The Director serves as the College's primary representative on matters related to the Washington DC Center and liaison across the College on matters related to the Center. |
- In cooperation with others, responsible for the development and implementation of a strategic recruitment and enrollment plan that will increase enrollment into the College and enhance the overall student experience.
- Work collaboratively with Deans, Directors, and Vice Presidents across the College to ensure that all information and messages conveyed through the DC Center is current and that enrollment and operational practices and policies are followed appropriately.
- Serve as the primary liaison with the Marketing team and Military team to ensure cooperation and streamlined processes across the departments.
- Coordinate closely with other units of the Enrollment Management Division (Admissions, Marketing, and Financial Aid) to ensure a seamless progression from prospect to enrolled student.
- In cooperation with the Marketing unit, develop specific strategies for increasing enrollments from minority and under-served populations.
- Support the College’s partnership development efforts in the initiation and coordination of contractual preferred provider relationships, including representation to prospective client organizations and the negotiation of benefits and services to be provided.
- Master's degree and no less than five years experience in a managerial position. Higher Education experience preferred.
- Familiarity with higher education student recruitment and marketing procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and generate enrollments through partnerships with corporate, military, association, and other related organizations.
- General knowledge of Title IV financial aid programs and federal laws regarding student recruitment and privacy (especially as related to employee compensation and recruitment).
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proven leadership, negotiating, consensus building, and diplomatic skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as member of cross-functional, cross-college teams.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively represent the College, its mission and programs, to both internal and external audiences.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and commitments, while maintaining standards of service and quality.
- Computer literate, including detailed understanding of how instituted systems support tracking through the prospect enrollment, student, and graduate categories of affiliation and how technology is used to deliver instruction and student support.
- Ability to travel as necessary.
Excelsior College - 15 months ago
Founded as Regents College in 1971 and chartered as a private, nonprofit institution in 1998, the College was renamed Excelsior College in...