The Operations Director, DPS Americas (OD-DPS) oversees management of all Data Protection Services (DPS) Operations within the Region. The OD-DPS is responsible for the successful execution of the customer value proposition, security and efficiency, and profitable growth within the DPS facilities. He/she manages the operations based on a core set of KPI’s and in close collaboration with the sales and marketing team, other service line operational roles, customer CARE, and finance.
- Oversees and directs activities of operations in the region to achieve operational performance targets. Responsible for all DPS sites, plant, equipment, people, permanent and temporary workforce and individual and/or collective workplace agreement matters.
- Partners with Sales Management for the full P&L for the DPS service lines maintaining a presence with customers and participating in development of large RFPs. Provides operational technical expertise to customers in the areas of security and quality
- Implements, in close cooperation with the Safety, Security, and Ops Planning team, a safety and security culture – Zero Harm - in which transparency is promoted and cutting corners not accepted
- Flawless execution of the DPS strategic plan and ensures that tactical plans are created for each facility for growth and cost control
- Delivers against a core set of KPIs in the area of Perfect Order, Capacity Utilization, Revenue Generating Activities and Transportation. Uses metrics to constantly improving the standard, sharing best practices and looking for opportunities for improvement.
- Implement and comply with Recall’s Standard Operating Procedures and Standard Service Menu ensuring all processes in service delivery are being followed
- Executes recruitment and training strategy and process is in place to attract and maintain operational talent. Consults with HRM.
- Leads the operation managers in the regions by setting goals, discussing development plans, developing career plans and continuously stretching performance
- Develops, monitors, and reports on operating costs/budgets within facilities and overall region. Alerts GM Operations DPS of cost and labor over-run, makes recommendations and implements solutions to maintain and improve overall P&L.
- Continuously seeks improvements in the area of quality and productivity in order to meet increasing demands from customers and shareholders
- Works closely with the IMPACT function to implement continuous improvement opportunities.
- Contributes in developing the service line strategic direction and plans
- Bachelor’s degree in business or Equivalent Experience
- 7 or more years operational experience; minimum 4 years in a management/leadership role in a service or logistics industry preferred
- Experience managing Multi-facilities and geographical dispersed teams
- Comfortable in a continuous improvement environment; Six Sigma/IMPACT experience a plus
- Experience managing an operation of $20M+
- A track record of high performance and experience at a management level
- At least 7 yrs experience in Operations and Management experience in a services, logistics, or outsourcing company
- Employee relations experience is essential
- Demonstrated success in managing cost centers
- Direct experience in dealing with Customers is essential
- Demonstrated success in proactively managing Safety, Quality, and Risk Management programs
- Proven ability to contribute and work in a self-managed cross disciplined team environment
- Quality systems knowledge
- Strong customer orientation
- Continuously seeks the larger benefits of the organization
- Focus on continuous improvement
- Strong credible leader able to represent the service line internally and externally
- High standards in terms of leadership and people management
- High ethics and value driven management style
- Does not allow short cuts when it comes to safety and security
- Knowledge of logistics
- Knowledge of programs to optimize capacity planning
- Business acumen
- OH&S systems and management
- Commercial negotiation
- Above-average financial acumen
- Superior presentation and verbal communications skills
- Superior Excel, Word, and PowerPoint proficiency
Recall - 19 months ago
It's not necessary to memorize your documents: this company can Recall them for you. Recall Corporation is one of the world's...