Responsible for the management of the future demand for all in scope services and need to maintain visibility into BCBSNC future business requirements. The primary focus would be to balance demand to avoid major discrepancies between the forecasted and the actual demand, allowing a reliable (budget) forecast and control of the outsourcing costs.
Lead a team of Demand, Service Request and Architect Leads in providing input into Investment Requests, analyzing consumption and developing recommendations for changes to baseline volumes, pricing and consumption.
Oversee the Service Request Authorization process, Project Spend Pool Management, Service Provider Integration, Service Catalog and Financial Analysis Planning.
Direct the Forecasting and Demand process
Maintain a holistic view of work forecasts, work intake, available resources, and Service Provider ability to meet demand
Oversee the strategic, enterprise view of business demand and IT’s ability to supply (including via Service Providers)
Prioritize and govern issues relating to business unit demand – to avoid duplication and ensure consistency of direction and approach
Work with business units and IT Sourcing Governance to understand and articulate demand, variances, unplanned needs and help with articulation and definition of requirements as required
Direct the Service Request process
Define the Service Request process, including the Service Catalogue, authorized users, approval levels and the interface to the Service Provider
Optimize the Service catalogue items by reducing diversity and promoting standards
Establish reporting system around service request aging and backlog, statistics on ADM, Network, HW & SW requests, flexible ad hoc reports etc
Direct the Project Spend Pool Management process
• Define the processes for creating, allocating, tracking and refreshing project spend pools
• Managing project spend pools
Direct the Architecture & Standards Mgmt process
• Define the processes for maintaining enterprise alignment to technology roadmaps and standards
• Assuring that service requests are evaluated against standards and the technology roadmap to avoid proliferation of non-standard and unaligned solutions
Leads the Demand, Service Request and Architect Leads:
• Creates vision, clear direction and strategy for team
• Establishes, manages and coaches team to clear objectives and performance expectations.
• Attracts, motivates, develops and retains highly skilled workforce
• Constantly monitors and improves team efficiency, effectiveness and impact.
• Leads and enables enterprise-wide thinking in the team
• Creates an environment that values employees and encourages cooperation, open communication and teamwork
A BA or BS is required, and an MBA preferred with Forecasting and Resource Planning experience
Comprehensive knowledge (10+ years) of forecasting and demand management capabilities
Program/Project management experience
Strong negotiation, facilitation and influencing skills
Demonstrated ability to assess customer/client needs, creatively approach solutions, decide and influence appropriate courses of action
General knowledge of all technical towers and associated services
Strong knowledge of business environment, service requirements and culture
Additional Critical Skills & Knowledge Needed for Job
Education focused on supply chain, information technology, procurement, business management
Strong analytical ability – Excel, PowerPoint required
Project management, resource management, procurement, and business unit background would provide the optimal background
Excellent verbal and written communication skills