At Illumina, we apply innovative technologies for studying genetic variation and function, making studies possible that were not even imaginable just a few years ago. These revolutionary tools for DNA, RNA, and protein analysis are enabling rapid advances in disease research, drug development, and the development of molecular tests in the clinic.
The Director Development and Information Management Services directs the support, delivery and long term strategic plan for Illumina’s Global Information Systems Software Development, Data Warehousing and Information Integration functions. The Director is accountable for, manages and supports business plans, defines the strategic long term roadmap, determines and adopts best practices, creates contingency plans, and ensures that the delivery of all products and services within their purview meet the required performance criteria. The Director partners with other IT departments and key business stakeholders to define business needs, shape future data strategies, drive adoption and value realizations from analytic, operational data and technology investments.
• Facilitate the design, implementation, management, and communication of customer focused strategic business plans/charters
• Define, manage, and implement the long term strategic product and service roadmap for development and information management
• Partner with functional groups and development team to deliver against product and service goals and business requirements
• Work with key business customers to define project scope and identify and prioritize requirements
• Work with global teams to ensure strategy is translated to meet the needs in the EMEA and APAC regions
• Manage the ongoing strategy for the IT development function including eCommerce platform (.NET), SalesForce.com, ERP, data and integration development specialties
• Liaise with and provide support for business managers to ensure a clear understanding of the ownership of data and the respective responsibilities of the business and data management teams
• Manage systems delivering data management functions including the develop and manage contingency recovery plans and exercises to restore all operations in timely manner
• Focus on continuous process improvement and user satisfaction by increasing value through stable, reliable performance; innovation and application of emerging technologies
• Define, build, and support the hiring plan and team structure
• Lead, mentor and be a role model for the team and staff
• Leads, coaches, and develops subordinate managers with discrete functions
• Report against service levels by measuring how successful the team performs against key performance metrics
• Defines and supports ETL, data integration, and business intelligence architectures
• Implements principles, policies, standards, and guidelines for data management
• Member of the Global IS Leadership Team, reporting to the VP of IT.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability in building and managing different sized teams
• Demonstrated success in leading teams against aggressive growth goals
• Able to plan and execute effective strategies that have led to measurable business growth
• Strong financial, analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to evolve with a rapidly changing environment and anticipate changes in technology
• Experience summarizing and presenting findings and challenges to senior level executives
• Able to negotiate demand with business partners
• Results focused with a track record of delivery across simultaneous projects and teams
• Demonstrated ability to lead through uncertainty, show flexibility and adapt to change
• Demonstrated agility in resolving conflict and helping bring issues to positive and impactful resolution
• In depth understanding of Software Development, in particular of complex eCommerce platforms and/or Data Management (Data warehouse, ETL, Data Integration/ESB, BPM) in a global enterprise.
• Experience of data warehouse and integration practices and methodologies and their application in an ERP and integrated application environment within a global enterprise
• In-depth understanding of Data Management and Integration issues a multinational enterprise faces ; how to anticipate and address them
• Past hands-on experience in delivering data or development products or services
• Knowledge of current and emerging technologies and methodologies in software development, data management and data integration
BS in Computer Science or related field
MBA preferred but not required
Number of Years’ Experience
Illumina is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Illumina elucidates the human genome. The firm makes tools used by life sciences and drug researchers to isolate and analyze...