As the Director of Engineering, you will be responsible for driving the strategy, roadmap, and vision of ClearSlide's software development. We’re looking for someone who can lead their own initiatives, as well as work effectively with other executive department leaders. As a technical leader, you will translate business needs into technology solutions that scale both technically and operationally. You will be instrumental to the day-to-day success of our organization and most importantly our customers.
- Proven experience developing high quality code with accountability for delivery of projects within schedules and timelines
- Effectively apply our methodology and enforce project standards
- Participate in the full software development life cycle while performing design and code reviews
- Provide technical leadership, career development, and mentoring of team members
- Work closely with engineers to develop technical designs and determine the best approach for product development
- Work closely with recruiting teams to build and scale the future of engineering
- Bridge the gap between product management, engineering and our customers to effectively build solutions
- 3+ years experience managing and leading multiple engineering teams simultaneously
- 5+ years experience architecting scalable web applications
- Demonstrated understanding of the build, deployment, and operational aspects of a SaaS platform
- Experience designing, building and leveraging APIs
- Proven success developing a large Java codebase
- Demonstrated ability to grow and lead a team of high caliber engineers
- Solid development experience with Java Server technologies, Ajax, HTML, CSS, and MySQL
- Previous startup experience strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
ClearSlide provides the leading cloud-based sales communications platform designed specifically to meet the communication needs of enterprise sales professionals to help them close more business. Headquartered in San Francisco, Calif., ClearSlide is funded by top Silicon Valley investors including Greylock Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners and Felicis Ventures.
We focus on solving the communication needs that are specific to sales and strive to deliver technology that actually helps make sales calls...