As part of your application for employment, you will be asked to acknowledge your agreement of the following statements at the end of the application process:
1) Crown Media United States, LLC. and its subsidiary companies are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
2) I understand that Crown Media United States, LLC. will consider requests for accommodations of physical or mental disabilities at any time before or after employment begins. I understand that the company would appreciate as much advance notice as possible regarding request for accommodation, and that documentation of the need for accommodation might be required.
3) In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Crown Media United States, LLC. and its subsidiary companies will hire only US citizens and aliens authorized to work in the United States. Prior to beginning employment, all new employees will be required to complete Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification.
4) In accordance with Crown Media United States, LLC. policy to maintain a drug free workplace, all applicants must submit to a test for drugs. Employment by Crown Media United States, LLC. is contingent upon successfully passing the urinalysis drug screen. I understand that any violation of the Alcohol and Drug Abuse policy during employment shall be grounds for termination of my employment.
5) I authorize the company to investigate any and all statements or information contained in this application, and I understand that any omissions, inaccuracies or false statements on this application shall be grounds to deny my application, or, I am already employed at the time the mis-statement is discovered, grounds for termination of my employment.
6) I authorize the company to conduct a background check, including but not limited to, a criminal report and I understand that any offer of employment that I may receive will be contingent on this background check being acceptable and within Crown Media United States, LLC. guidelines.
7) If I have asked that my current employer not be contacted, I understand that any offer of employment that I receive will be contingent on the company receiving an acceptable verification of the information on this application regarding my current employment.
8) I understand that if I am employed by the company, I will be an at-will employee, that I will be required to follow all rules and regulations of the company, and that my employment can be terminated at any time for any reason, or I can quit at any time. I acknowledge that no one at the company has promised that I would remain employed for any length of time, and I understand that no one other than an officer of the company is authorized to make such promises.
9) I understand that if I am employed by Crown Media United States, LLC. or its subsidiaries in a position where I will be driving a company vehicle on a regular basis, any offer of employment that I receive will be contingent on the company verifying that I have an acceptable driving record.
The Director, Distribution is responsible for increasing distribution of Hallmark Channel, Hallmark Channel HD, Hallmark Movie Channel SD and Hallmark Movie Channel HD within an assigned territory. The position will also manage local advertising partnerships and national account activities in the assigned territory. Position reports to the VP, Distribution and may occasionally provide work direction to support functions.
1) Develops and implements effective strategies to increase distribution and subscriber
2) Effectively delivers product position proposals and presentations to affiliates
3) Builds and develops enduring relationships with affiliates and local ad sales clients in order
to provide excellent customer service
4) Effectively sells-in and manages promotional campaigns throughout the year
5) Participates in industry trade shows
6) Oversees and maintain an accurate, up-to-date prospect and current affiliate database list
7) Maintains knowledge on industry trends through affiliate communications, review of trade
journals and publications.
1) Bachelor’s degree is required
2) Minimum 5 years of sales experience in the cable industry with a proven track record of
successfully meeting sales objectives
3) Experience in successfully handling MSO accounts (preferably Top 10) including carriage
4) PC experience in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
1) Must be proficient using Microsoft Office
2) Must be able to travel 50% of the time
3) Must have ability to set high standards of behavior for self and others
4) Must have demonstrated ability to display professional maturity and a positive attitude
5) Must have demonstrated ability to commit to excellence in every aspect of work
NOTE: Relocation will not be provided