The NFL Emerging Products team is responsible for creating league value by combining industry leading design, development, invention with data to produce best-in-class experiences for football fans and unprecedented opportunities for partners. The Emerging Products group partners with internal stakeholders to execute forward thinking initiatives, produce rapid prototypes and develop new methods of monetization.
• Help set and execute the strategic vision and direction for the emerging product roadmap
• Manage product specifications ensuring that all requirements are included from all stakeholders
• Work with technical teams to ensure all products operate to the documented specifications
• Work closely with business stakeholders across the league to ensure the product roadmap is meeting business needs.
• Lead internal and external development resources to create optimal product development plans and to ensure that all products are built to the specifications
• Author product requirements documentations
• Develop and track all key metrics for each product.
• Run long-term product planning to ensure all products meet business objectives
• Build and manage relationships with stakeholders
• Maintain and support currently deployed products, including off-hours escalation procedures
• Keep abreast of industry trends and technologies, and be prepared to apply them quickly
• Stay current on product development on NFL.com / Clubs / Mobile and help migrate products across platforms where appropriate
• The candidate should have a BS, BA, or advanced degree in computer science, communications or related field, or relevant work experience.
• Strong background in the building and operation of media based web sites.
• At least 5 years of Product Management experience in the digital media field and a minimum of 7 years of online experience
• Strong background in web-based product management
• Expert knowledge of office productivity products (e.g. MS Project, MS Excel, MS Visio)
• Demonstrated ability to work on a diverse scope of projects requiring detailed analysis, creative/practical problem solving, and sound judgment.
• Ability to operate effectively in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
• Must demonstrate solid organization/communication skills.
• Manage multiple projects within a short development cycle with moderate supervision
• A passion for football and digital media technologies!
National Football League - 19 months ago
The National Football League (NFL) is a professional American football league that constitutes one of the four major professional sports...