Kronos is the global leader in workforce management solutions that enable organizations to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Tens of thousands of organizations in 100 countries – including more than half the Fortune 1000® - use Kronos time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications. Kronos customers include enterprises large and small across diverse industries worldwide including retail, hospitality, healthcare, manufacturing, public sector, services, and distribution.
Kronos is a privately held company and was founded in 1977. Headquartered in Chelmsford, Massachusetts, Kronos employs more than 3,500 people worldwide.
Kronos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Director, Device Engineering is a senior member of the Kronos Workforce Management Engineering group reporting to the Vice President, Engineering. S/he will create and lead a team which will envision and then deliver an innovative combination of hardware, and embedded software expected to revolutionize the way that people access employee-related data within the workplace. This leader will partner closely with the Product Management, Architecture and User Experience functions, Procurement, our Sales and Services groups, and customers to ensure the success of the products.
Key responsibilities of this position will include:
- Join a small group of other senior leaders chartered to define the vision and strategy for our next generation of device-based self-service solutions.
- Create and drive the appropriate business execution model and delivery team (in-house & out-sourced) for the hardware and embedded software needed for these devices - resulting in a rapid and successful product introduction.
- Define and implement the development methodologies that will achieve availability of these new solutions as quickly as possible while still ensuring great quality.
- Drive the program execution of the embedded software and hardware solutions from product definition through successful release and transfer to manufacturing and sustaining engineering.
- Lead and reinforce company values and culture in day-to-day behaviors, management style, and expectations of employees. This individual will be looked upon to inspire confidence and add additional leadership strength to the broader management team.
- A minimum of 10 years of increasing responsibility conceptualizing and delivering devices – preferably for the consumer market.
- Experience engineering devices (e.g. - appliances, tablets, and/or mobile phones) with rapid time to market and strong profitability.
- A solid hardware and embedded systems engineering foundation indicated by a demonstrated understanding of product design, life cycle development practices, and support services.
- Prior experience integrating hardware and embedded software from both internal and external sources into a sustainable platform.
- Prior experience managing external partners (in either OEM, ODM, or Custom hardware engagements).
- Prior experience working in a manufacturing (EMS) environment is a plus.
- Ability to work collaboratively across functional boundaries and across multiple organizational levels to drive results.
- Candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or similar discipline
- Master’s degree preferred
Kronos Incorporated - 21 months ago
Kronos knows time is money for its customers. The company makes and implements workforce management software particularly for organizations...