Director, Enerprise Operations
Port Washington, NY
Position is responsible for leading and managing all aspects of the global Pall Enterprise System (PES) infrastructure (SAP, BI, Bolt-ons, Legacy ERP), cost center accounting, budget, internal Basis team, and Hosting Vendor managed contract. Additionally, this position is responsible for the up-time, performance of the Global SAP implementation, and has oversight of maintaining PALL’s SAP system infrastructure architecture, installing, administering, and upgrading PALL’s SAP and connected systems (including ECC, BW-BI, Enterprise Portal, and Solution Manager systems, GRC), SAP system configurations to integrate with required interface applications
Position is responsible for:
Corrective action and reporting
DR/BCP planning, testing, solutions
SAP software licenses and interfaces
Management of outsourced partners / vendors
Departmental budget, cost effectiveness, reporting
Manage and report on the performance and availability of SAP systems / connected SLA’s and customer satisfaction
Lead an integrated Basis team, consisting of internal Pall employees and managed services to develop breadth and depth of skills capable of high performance in areas of:
SAP security design, simplification, and administration
Proactive Enterprise System health, performance tuning, end-to-end trouble-shooting and issue resolution
Design, development, and coordination of archiving model working with App Dev
Design and development of Job Scheduling, monitoring, alerting process
Design & development of Interface & iDoc monitoring, alerting process
ERP Project Input
Design, development, and operation of PES landscape refresh model/schedule
Change management and patch/note processing
Oversee all aspects of managed vendor contract, SAP performance and uptime
Lead Pall Basis team and outsourced vendor(s)
Manage infrastructure lifecycle
Maintain close relationship with Client Technologies team for support of devices/interfaces such as printers, scanners, etc.
Maintain close relationship with Server Technologies for infrastructure such as server & database support, active directory, …
Research, implement, and maintain solutions in the areas of performance monitoring, capacity, and tuning and systems configurations, designs
Provide documentation for technical and process related activities.
Provide support and maintenance for daily administrative tasks including transports, OSS notes (mini-fix), performance monitoring, root cause analysis, and other duties as assigned.
Function as point of contact for production SAP Basis related issues.
Keep management up to date on any outstanding production related issues
Participate in On Call rotation and provide afterhours support as needed
Provide training for support personnel as required.
Provide written documentation for support personnel as required
Provide assistance for support personnel as required
Adhere to company software licensing policies and practices
Provide transport management support
Render technical support to SAP application teams and internal customers/clients
Integrate new or additional components into SAP landscapes
Coordinate and participate in new SAP installations, upgrades, system refreshes, and support/enhancement package updates
Troubleshooting and resolving SAP system problems
Liaison to work with IA and External Auditors to ensure compliance of ITGC
Performance Reviews and other HR related tasks
Manage supplier relationships to ensure excellent MSA, contacts and escalation paths are in place.
Identify, analyze, and recommend vendor solutions that support strategic objectives
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or relevant equivalent experience
- 10 plus years of experience in SAP BASIS and Security Administration
- Must have gone through two full cycle SAP implementations or major version upgrades
- Requires detailed technical administrative experience with performance tuning, software patches and fixes
- 10+ years of hands-on SAP basis and security administration experience
- Hands-on experience on with any of the following desirable:
- Microsoft SQL server and Microsoft Cluster service
- Microsoft operating systems.
- OS400 IBM Iseries
- Unix / AIX /Linux
- Background in infrastructure and operations, knowledgeable of hardware and networking components
- Extensive knowledge of ECC, CRM, BI- BW, Solution Manager and Enterprise Portal.
- Demonstrate strong ability of troubleshooting, outstanding communication skill and detailed oriented
- Experience with technical project management
- IT Operational Experience
- Vendor Management Experience
- Willing to be on call (24x7x365)
- Global Travel around 30% (Must have a passport or eligibility for a passport – with no travel restrictions.
Pall Corporation - 11 months ago
With operations around the globe, Pall is not small. The company operates two businesses globally: Life Sciences and Industrial. The Life...