Director, Facilities Planning and Management
Eastern Illinois University
Eastern Illinois University in Charleston is seeking applications and nominations for a highly motivated and experienced administrator to serve as Director of Facilities Planning and Management. The Director reports directly to the Vice President for Business Affairs and will be responsible for the overall operations, maintenance, construction, renewal, and continuous stewardship of campus physical facilities. Specific areas of responsibility include management, oversight, fiscal authority and direction of maintenance functions in all buildings; grounds care; utilities and their infrastructure; engineering and architectural service delivery; campus design and construction activities; project management and coordination; renovations and alterations to campus assets; and janitorial services in administrative, classroom and athletics buildings.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent relevant experience in architecture, business administration, electrical, mechanical, or industrial engineering, or other facilities-related field.
- Considerable recent applicable experience in facilities management, including a significant management role.
- Knowledge of all phases of facilities planning and management, including design and construction, project administration, operations and maintenance, repair, and support services.
- Knowledge of emerging trends in facilities planning and management, especially in the areas of energy conservation and sustainability.
- Experience providing oversight for capital projects, including the development and review of design specifications, cost estimates, and budgets.
- Experience ensuring compliance with federal, state and local regulations on safety, fire, construction, and public access.
- Experience managing the fiscal resources of a complex administrative unit.
- Ability to lead, organize, coordinate and supervise a diverse professional staff, including crafts personnel, building service workers, and groundskeepers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to impart quality customer service principles into the organization.
- Creativity, vision, and sensitivity to the multi-faceted nature of a university environment.
Applicants should submit a letter of application addressing how the candidate meets the position requirements, a current résumé, unofficial transcript(s), and contact information including email and phone numbers of five persons who can provide recommendations upon request. Application materials are to be submitted in Word or PDF format as attachments to an e-mail message sent to Ellen Coultas, Office of the Vice President for Business Affairs, email@example.com . Review of applications will begin February 11, 2013, and will continue until finalists for the position are selected. Prior to employment, the successful applicant must submit official transcripts, and the university must conduct a background investigation.
- Master’s degree in architecture, business administration, engineering, or other relevant field.
- Experience with facilities management in a higher education setting.
- Experience with steam plant operations and chilled water loop systems.
- Experience working in a collective bargaining environment.
For more information, please go to http://eiu.edu/fpmdirsearch/