SGI is focused on helping customers solve their most demanding technology challenges by delivering high performance computing, server, storage, data center and cloud computing solutions and professional services.
To implement the strategy for Government Contracts Operations that support all government sales, & grow revenue profitably for the company while assuring full compliance with all Federal laws & regulations. To work with senior management on developing, managing & implementing new Federal business opportunities & resulting contracts within the infrastructure of the company. Work with respective Sales, Field Mgmt, Product Mgmt & Legal teams in business development & acquisition activities from early marketing positioning through negotiations, contract award, implementation up through contract closeout. Develop non-traditional approaches to help in expanding the business that would fit well into the company’s business model while help while achieving the objectives for the company in the Federal market. To take an active role in contract negotiations, directing and coaching the contracts staff.
Oversee GWAC compliance (GSA and SEWP)
- Oversee & manage a department of contract professionals supporting Federal requirements
- Responsible for managing contract lifecycle functions for all opportunities & contracts within the Federal realm.
- Establish & enforce contract & proposal policies, procedures, methods, & standards for the team.
- Coordinate with individuals to assure all aspects of the contract are being implemented & complied with.
- Develop & expand new & existing contracts as well as strategies for the current & future fiscal years that align with the company’s direction.
- Establish programs & strategies that increase the company’s business in the Federal market.
- Interface with all appropriate departments and management level as needed to insure contracts, strategies, & compliance requirements can implemented & complied with.
- Develop & maintain contact level appropriate with Federal/State agencies & outside organizations that can assist in staying current on government developments.
- Manage, direct & participate in the daily activities of contract professionals from simple, routine to complex contractual & proposal arrangements of strategic importance to the company&/or the Federal business unit.
- Maintain a structure within the organization to insure that all Federal contracts & proposals are managed & responded to & administered accordingly.
- Institute proper controls & systems to insure that compliance policies are complied with.
- Will have authority to sign government contracts on behalf the company.
- Maintain profitability objectives & insure proper expense control measures are utilized in developing programs.
- Work with appropriate internal departments to align government strategies with support structure & insure proper procedures are implemented in all areas.
- Provide input & recommendations to management & channels on maximizing contract opportunities
- Work with marketing & pricing group on leveraging support tools to maximize responses
- Establish a strong working relationship with appropriate outside organizations that can impact revenue opportunities
- Provides guidance and leadership to cross-functional business team members.
- Have mentoring & training responsibilities
- Implement training for personnel for ethics.
- Assure proper reporting to Government entities as needed.
SGI is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
- Knowledge of Government Contracts, & Federal compliance
- Prefer some GSA Schedules contract experience, preferably schedule 70 plus teaming agreements
- State Contracts knowledge preferable
- Legal knowledge in government contracts
- Ability to react quickly to issues & opportunities
- Excellent communication & organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Microsoft Office proficiency – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Silicon Graphics International Corp. - 8 months ago
SGI is a leader in HPC and data management. We develop, market and sell a broad line of low-cost, mid-range and high-end computing servers,...