FINANCE DIVISION - SEPULVEDA
SUMMARY: The Director, Finance is responsible for providing strategic leadership and tactical direction to the company’s financial reporting.
We are only considering those indivduals who have managed a Finance function within an organization of 30 MM or higher in revenue. Please sure to note the size of each company in your resume.
Lead the monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting and closing in accordance with corporate standards.
Manage the company’s forecast, budget, cash flow planning, and capital expenditures procedures/process and scorecards in accordance with corporate standards.
Track financial performance against budget, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variances.
Ensure the effective execution of General Accounting functions to include G/L, A/R, A/P, and payroll.
Controls and oversees all contract billing submissions for contract compliance and accuracy.
Identify and implement financial process improvements associated with budget, forecast, monthly reporting cycles, and general accounting processes as well as executive communications.
Collaborate with and support the overall finance function throughout the company.
Develop and retain strong talent. Evaluate staffing requirements and recommend changes.
Oversees and coordinates all financial accounting functions to ensure compliance with deadlines and accuracy.
Reviews and approves all entries to close out revenues annually.
Prepares, or directs preparation of account analyses and documentation needed for financial and compliance audits.
Prepares or directs preparation of routine and special analyses of financial data as required for managers to make informed operational and management decisions.
Monitors cash position and projects cash requirements.
Oversees and directs the preparation of all financial and informational reports required by agency contracts.
• B.S. Degree in Accounting or Finance with at least five years of supervisory and management experience
• A working knowledge of accounting
• Experience with government contract requirements and reimbursement methods
• Outstanding ability to organize and analyze data and to develop reports that track changes and trends over time
• Excellent computer skills, including preparation of complex spreadsheets; ability to use Access highly desired.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to convey technical information to people at all levels of the organization.
• Outstanding ability to develop, document and implement systems that promote efficiency and accountability.
• Excellent leadership and mentoring skills.