Director, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
Rimini Street delivers proven exceptional value in third-party support for enterprise software. The innovative, ultra-responsive support program allows Oracle and SAP licensees to save at least 50 percent in annual support fees, and to receive premium services that are not part of standard vendor support.
Hundreds of global, Fortune 500, mid-market, and public sector organizations from virtually all industries depend on Rimini Street as their trusted, expert, independent provider of enterprise software support, so they can apply more of their IT budgets to strategic business initiatives.
Rimini Street is seeking an experienced and insightful finance professional to build and own the FP&A function. The new Director, FP&A will play a key role in the continued rapid growth of the company and will work with all areas of the business in leading, defining, and executing corporate planning, forecasting and operational reporting processes globally. Additionally, the role will provide key financial analysis to enable both tactical and strategic decisions. This position will report to the CFO and is a role that will have broad exposure, visibility, and impact throughout the organization. The Director, FP&A will manage two or more team members but the successful candidate must demonstrate a strong track record as both a coach and player.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Planning & Forecasting - Own the company financial model, including forecasting, budgeting and long-range planning of income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement; Define rolling quarterly, annual, and multi-year financial forecasting and planning processes and requirements and manage planning process across all regions, products and departments driving appropriate collaboration, co-ordination, and reporting across the company’s matrix structure.
- Plan vs. Actual, Operational Reporting - Prepare, compile, analyze and communicate information for financial reporting and analysis including monthly results package for company operating reviews; Improve performance across the business by identifying and assessing areas where the company can drive productivity and efficiency
- Metrics & KPI Development/Analysis - Analyze detailed financial information along with current and past trends in key performance indicators to provide accurate and timely financial and operational recommendations for decision making purposes; Manage real-time dashboard reporting the key metrics (KPIs) across the business units
- Strategic Opportunity Investigation/Risk Analysis - Collaborate with Executive and other Management on strategic and operational prioritization by performing appropriate financial analysis; Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic and growth initiatives and influence business decisions of business leaders via in-depth analysis.
- Periodic & Ad hoc Financial Analysis support – Support preparation of presentations for Investors, Board of Directors and Senior Management Team; Drive weekly cash reporting and forecast analysis along with defining automation methods to simplify and scale; Occasional research and analysis of financial and operational performance of comparable companies or industry players for benchmarking, investor communications, etc.; Manage and/or execute ad-hoc analytic requests.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- MBA preferred
- 8-10+ years related experience in progressively more senior positions in FP&A organizations, preferably including work with software, internet, or IT services industries.
- Experience within scaling Corporate FP&A functions that required managing processes for multiple products/units, geographies and departments as the central, corporate Finance authority.
- Knowledge of Adaptive Planning highly desired
- Proven experience and knowledge of accounting and financial statement construction
- Exceptional financial modeling and scenario analysis skills, with an expert understanding of Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills, in particular, understanding key financial and operating drivers of the business
- Must demonstrate strong leadership skills, high energy, initiative and creativity
- High performer with track record of collaborating with cross-functional teams to deliver results
- Must have a proven ability to manage significant initiatives across organizations and across geographies
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and high level of comfort presenting analysis and information to senior management
- Proven ability to work with and lead executive level business partners in budgeting, prioritization and planning discussions/decisions, and provide the right information to allow those decisions to be made.
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized.
- Strong initiative/seek and accept new challenges, and have a high level of curiosity and creativity as it relates to new projects, and finding solutions to problems.
- Adaptable to a fast paced and quickly changing environment, able to prioritize and multi-task, willingness to roll-up sleeves to get the job done
Rimini Street is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Strong accounting background, either through education or earlier career experience in operational finance/accounting of a corporation
- Familiarity and comfort with enterprise level ERP systems and reporting tools
- Data mining skills or knowledge of to help drive growth of FP&A organization into areas of broader company analysis
Rimini Street - 16 months ago