Verathon ® is seeking a skilled Director of FP&A to work in a fast-paced, high tech, manufacturing environment. The ideal candidate will play a key role within the leadership of the organization by utilizing their experience in change management and advocacy for continuous improvement. This position requires an innovative individual with the willingness to drive change, an ability to take calculated risks, excellent communication skills and the ability to work with a diverse group of associates in cross functional teams and international cultures.
The FP&A Director is responsible for driving all activities related to financial planning, reporting and analysis of Verathon Inc. and all of its subsidiaries. This position will report to the Verathon CFO and will be a valued consultant to the Verathon Executive Leadership Team while also managing and developing the FP&A team members which report to this role. The role will drive worldwide commercial analysis of our business units, impacting our commercial decisions and financial success. In addition, the Director of FP&A will analyze factory performance and all SG&A expenses to ensure the optimization of investments and therefore enhancement of long-term financial success by all measures including growth, profitability, working capital and cash flow. The role will manage three direct reports and will scale in size and complexity as the organization grows.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Drive annual budget planning process including developing guidance, holding business reviews, communicating with leadership and preparation of presentation materials for Roper corporate review. This process also includes FP&A of our 3 year strategy planning cycle.
- Provide timely and thorough quarterly financial forecasts highlighting key issues influencing performance to goals.
- Analyze trends and anticipate business operating performance; make recommendations to management to solve unfavorable trends and close gaps to targets. Examples include growth, product vitality, large orders, price performance, product costing and margins, factory variances, SG&A spending, and balance sheet trends.
- Evaluate product margins keeping senior management abreast of key financial measures.
- Manage and develop FP&A professionals based in Bothell with the ability to influence and leverage all direct and indirect FP&A resources worldwide.
- Develop commercial finance team to support newly created business units within Verathon that cut across all geographies and support analysis and ownership of the full product life cycle.
- Continue to build out analysis of factory performance and reporting information to support operations KPI and product margin performance.
- Key stakeholder and owner of financial resources assigned to supporting Essbase performance, structure and data integrity. Develop and maintain key reports for reporting performance and driving organizational accountability.
- Partner with Corporate Controller to manage current ERP structural integrity and to evaluate and implement a new ERP in a future period (likely in 1-2 years).
- Perform other related duties as assigned including acquisition analysis and reporting as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related discipline, plus 7-10 years of directly related accounting/finance experience. MBA, CMA, CPA or Masters degree in Accounting preferred.
- Perform diverse and highly complex financial activities with monitored end results. Must have strong analysis skills with an ability to apply good judgment to business planning and commercial matters.
- Experience working in accounting/finance in a manufacturing environment required.
- A collaborative leader, informal coach and team player, who cultivates a collegial spirit, respects other people’s ideas and understands how to gain agreement and acceptance for new initiatives, not only at the senior management level but throughout the organization. Extremely supportive and creative in solving problems across value streams and functions.
- Ability to set goals for direct reports which align with organizational needs. Experience managing a team to achieve goals and drive business results.
- Comfortable with having to adjust to changes in work environment, work under pressure with a sense of urgency, and meet tight deadlines. Adept at prioritizing work and coordinating tasks simultaneously.
- Excels at communication up, down and across to peers in the organization. Ability to develop strong partnership/teambuilding relationships with all functional areas. Must be able to work independently and with limited direction upon occasion. Must have both strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Motivated, self-starter; promotes positive attitude with ability to influence others. Results oriented — gets things done.
- Persistent with a seasoned touch. Ability to pace change due to organization ability – experience with change management a large plus.
- Strong vision for future growth and able to plan for a path to maturation.
- Ability to prepare and present complex data in a simple, understandable manner. Must be able to educate non-financial managers so they can exhibit strong financial decision making and perform at their best.
- Experience applying Lean Manufacturing concepts in administrative processes desired. Use of lean concepts in a factory setting also valued even if not applied to accounting or finance processes.
- Experience with ERP packages and multidimensional databases; Excellent in Excel and proficient in Powerpoint applications.
Verathon is a wholly owned subsidiary of Roper Industries, an acquisitive S&P 500 and NYSE listed diversified growth company. Verathon is headquartered in the greater Seattle area, in Bothell, Washington, and has 7 international subsidiaries in Canada, Europe and Asia. The company designs, manufactures, distributes and markets reliable, state-of-the-art medical devices and services to the health care community that offer meaningful improvement in patient care. Our largest brands, BladderScan and GlideScope, have achieved worldwide recognition as the number one leader in their respective markets. Verathon is a financially sound company with consistent growth and performance even during down market cycles. We have a strong pipeline of new products for multiple areas of discipline within the health care industry.
Verathon was acquired by Roper Industries (US Ticker symbol ROP) in December 2009 as a platform for future acquisitions leveraging the talented management team and extraordinary channel development in developed country markets.
Verathon offers competitive compensation and a complete benefits package to full-time employees including company sponsored health plan, 401k with match, wellness and tuition reimbursement and the advantages of an environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements.
Verathon is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace. We believe that diverse ideas, opinions and perspectives will build a strong foundation for success.
Verathon - 11 months ago