The Director will utilize analytical, technical and business skills to conduct statistical analysis and develop an analytical database. The position is within the Financial Planning & Analysis department, which is responsible for analyzing and making strategic recommendations in support of growing Millennial Media’s business and profitability. This includes new and existing business profitability analysis, performance analysis and other ad hoc operational and financial analysis as required. A key focus of the position is to develop a revenue forecasting process and tools, in support of our commercial as well as finance teams.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Director will work under the direction of the Senior Director FP&A to carry out various financial reporting and analysis deliverables, accurately and on time. A priority of this will be the development of a revenue forecasting process and tools. Additional responsibilities include:
- Conducting data analyses to develop marketing solutions/tools, develop analytical databases and reporting systems.
- Developing and maintaining statistical models to monitor revenue pipeline and forecast.
- Conduct statistical analysis on pricing trends across various product sets and assess performance and impact on P&L.
- Preparing and providing guidance to the sales and executive management team on pricing trends, with specific regards to product, vertical and geographic market segmentation.
- Collaborating with many internal departments (Marketing, Sales, Operations, IT) to develop and implement new commercial and pricing strategies.
- Carrying out data mining projects to discover data anomalies and identify business opportunities.
- Providing ad-hoc data and statistical analysis for various areas in the organization as needed.
- Developing and publishing weekly financial and operational scorecards; subsequently identifying adverse trends as they develop; performing analysis to further break down these issues and identify resolutions. Utilizing weekly reporting platform to drive business profitability and performance against budget.
- Developing and presenting monthly operational performance reviews to executive management.
- Developing complex dynamic Financial Models to include Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Statement of Cash flow.
- Generating comprehensive financial projections (P&L documents, NPV analysis, and sensitivity scenarios), determining pricing and profitability, assessing competitive and strategic issues, and preparing summary presentations for senior management.
- Identifying, constructing and completing financial analysis on profitability enhancing opportunities and strategies, proposed changes to internal processes and new business strategies.
- Conducting general financial analysis of key reports and data obtained from various departments, including finance, operations, sales, marketing, etc. to assess current operations and operational metrics
- Working with other member of the FP&A team to complete other duties and responsibilities as assigned. These include assisting with the annual budget process and quarterly forecasts; developing comprehensive, budgetary, operational and financial metrics and assumptions, and other assignments as required.
- Must possess strong financial and analytical skills including experience creating complex financial models and efficiently communicating results through the use of supporting tables, graphs, and presentation quality material.
- Strong PC skills including MS Word, Excel-advanced/expert (VBA), Access, SQL experience (preferred) and Power Point required.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, solve problems, make recommendations, and draw valid conclusions in a timely and accurate manner.
- Must be well organized, be a self-starter and demonstrate strong discipline to meet regular reporting deadlines.
- Must be able to effectively and professionally communicate with upper management and members of the team.
- Must demonstrate sound judgment and reasoning skills.
- Ability to prioritize and successfully manage multiple projects/deadlines simultaneously.
- Experience with Great Plains or similar Accounting software preferred.
- Career-motivated, dedicated, committed leader, with an ability to work in a faced paced entrepreneurial hyper growth environment.
Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university required; Business, Economics, Math or Engineering majors preferred.
- MS in quantitative studies or MBA preferred.
Millennial Media is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer .
Millennial Media - 18 months ago