Join the Industry Pioneer
Launch an exciting career at Southern Air, the premier global air cargo service provider! We operate a fleet of B747-400BDSF’s, B747-ERF’s, and are the only ACMI operator of B777F’s, providing a wide range of air cargo services for the World’s Flag Carriers, Charter Brokers, Shippers and Governments.
Great talent is the key to our success, and we strive to create an environment where employees are enabled to contribute to their full potential by leveraging their unique experiences, perspective, and viewpoints. We take pride in delivering exceptional service to our customers, and providing our employees the ultimate career opportunity… being part of a multi-cultural, global community which is shaping the future of our organization and touches the lives of people all over the world.
• Responsible for high quality, accurate, on time, insight driven financial and operations analysis and reporting - translate insights to recommendations and actions.
• Lead the development of a Rolling 12 Month departmental budget and forecast
• Evaluate the impact of budget and forecasts results, new customer analysis, business strategies and recommend actions with business leaders to improve financial performance
• Operate in a professional and credible manner evidenced by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends
• Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the function and organization
• Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the financial discipline. Interface with the Finance and Accounting teams as well as internal and external audit teams
• Provide strategic financial input and leadership on issues affecting the organization; i.e., evaluation of potential alliances, investments, contracts, etc.
• Liaise with Oak Hill Capital as owners and assist in updating private equity modeling and input
Key Competencies and Success Factors
• Self directed, action oriented, forward-thinking and creative individual with the highest ethical standards
• Strategic visionary with strong financial skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus
• Organized, team player who is an effective influencer
• Demonstrate the ability to lead change in the face of adversity; to challenge the status quo constructively
• An intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communication skills
• Demonstrate the ability to be a good educator who is trustworthy and willing to share information and serve as a mentor
• Decisive individual who possesses a 'big picture' perspective
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance/Economics or related required; MBA or CPA preferred
• A minimum of 7-10 years of planning and analysis experience is required; aviation experience a plus
• Working knowledge of GAAP to facilitate understanding of forecast and budget results
• Proficient knowledge and skill in ERP computer applications (Microsoft Dynamics/Great Plains a plus)
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office, with a focus on Excel
• Excellent computer skills, including the development of complex modeling
Southern Air is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status or any other basis prohibited by law. AA/EOE, M/F/D/V
Southern Air - 10 months ago