Director, Financial Special Projects
Travis County, Texas
An Equal Opportunity Employer
700 Lavaca Street
Austin , Texas
The Travis County Auditor’s Office has an opening for a Financial Special Projects Director. We are currently searching for a high caliber accounting professional that has been in a management position and has extensive hands-on experience in financial reporting, consolidations, presenting financial results to management, and financial research. This position has immediate and profound effect on the county’s financial success through quality and accuracy of financial analysis performed and recommendations presented.
The duties of this position include:
· Directing, planning, coordinating, and organizing financial special projects.
· Managing multiple projects simultaneously
· Preparing special project financial statements and ad-hoc financial reporting.
· Completing in depth research analysis on various finance related topics.
· Analytical review of financial of potential legislative changes that relate to county wide finances.
· Preparing white papers on finance related subject matters researched.
· Presenting a range of ad hoc financial analyses and reports to senior level management.
· Serve as a resource on technical financial research and analysis for the Consolidations & Financial Reporting division.
· Perform other finance related projects as directed by the First Assistant County Auditor.
The ideal candidate will possess a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Accounting from a 4-year accredited university, professional certification, 3+ years of management experience and 8+ years of hands on complex financial accounting experience including preparation of annual financial reports for a large sized organization, extensive research analysis, and preparation of financial documents in publishable formats. To be successful in the job the candidate must possess excellent analytical, communication, computer, time management, and problem solving skills. Additional characteristics include being a team player, self-starter, quick learner, the ability to plan/coordinate multiple projects to meet deadlines and be comfortable with GAAP, GAGAS, risk assessment, etc. Previous experience in some of the above stated specialized skills is highly desirable.
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
This position will report to the CFO of Travis County which is a $500 million local government organization with approximately 5,000 employees. We offer a competitive salary together with a stable work environment, no routine overnight travel, casual dress attire, professional development, 11 paid holidays, 3 weeks of vacation per year, flexible start of work day, excellent pension plan, and an extensive benefits package.
Criminal, Education & Employment Background Check Required.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. Sorry, no visa sponsorships.
Candidates who meet the above qualifications are encouraged to apply. Visit the Travis County’s website to complete an application:
Work Environment & Other Information:
Travis County - 17 months ago