Position Code: 13-PD-134
Reports To: VP Engineering
Department: Hardware Development
Complete Genomics designs and constructs complex instrumentation to automate multiple phases of human DNA sequencing. We seek a new Director of Fluidics Systems, reporting to the VP of Engineering and overseeing a direct-report team featuring multiple engineering disciplines. In this position, you will be responsible for design and timely delivery of the automated instrumentation that rapidly interacts DNA with multiple liquid reagents in a microfluidic flowcell environment, enabling efficient optical imaging of fluorescently tagged DNA samples. You will be responsible for driving and coordinating proof-of-principle, prototyping, and product development efforts with a diverse team of mechanical, electrical, chemical, and systems engineers. You will create an expanding range of instruments to handle mechanized DNA-centric wet biochemistry for experimental discovery and commercial operations ranging from single clinical panels to centers sequencing millions of whole genomes.
Required Skills and Experience:
- PhD + 12 years, or M.S + 15 Years relevant experience in Life Sciences or related fields, such as Genetics, Molecular Chemistry, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Fluid Mechanics, Chemical Engineering, or Systems Engineering.
- Ability to apply principles from many or all of these fields toward coordination of design and manufacture of robust industrial instruments, including outsourcing to contract design and manufacturing partners.
- 5 or more years experience in project or program management, including hiring, organization, and direction of direct-report subordinates.
- Experience with microfluidic systems, especially flowcells, strongly desired. Ability to translate requirements for biochemical processes into project requirements for designs of hardware, automation, and control systems is essential.
- Specific experience with methods, techniques, and equipment used with reagents and genetic library prep strongly desired.
Complete Genomics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website, employees or Human Resources.
Complete Genomics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Complete Genomics and will be processed accordingly without fee.
Complete Genomics has the sole discretion to determine with whom we will enter into a contract. If you wish to work with Complete Genomics, please contact the Human Resources department at email@example.com .
Complete Genomics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Complete Genomics - 15 months ago
Complete Genomics was formed in 2005 by Dr. Clifford A. Reid and Dr. Radoje T. Drmanac, who shared a vision to provide academic and...