This position, in conjunction with other Gas Operations Directors, shares accountability for optimizing the cost and performance of gas transmission and distribution assets through management of the Gas Service, Pressure Management, Dispatch and Meter Lab areas. Directs system-wide activities of these functions to ensure a safe, reliable and continuous supply of natural gas to customers while ensuring the safety and well being of customers and employees. Ensures that adequate resources are procured and dispatched to meet system needs. Directs operations in the best interest of customers while ensuring compliance with all federal and state requirements and increasing productivity.
- Directs the department’s maintenance and operational activities consistent with Company standards and policy and federal and state regulatory requirements. Utilizes new technology and general industry accepted practices to increase productivity and efficiency. Continues benchmarking of performance in comparison with other utilities to further drive improvements.
- Directs the gas service, pressure management, dispatch, and meter lab functions including oversight of field operations.
- Responsible for executing the Company’s appliance repair service programs to meet customers’ needs.
- Develops and administers the department’s capital and operating budgets based on strategic goals, system growth and the need for system improvement.
- Coordinates the development of safety and training programs for the continued growth and success of department employees.
- Establishes procedures and operating guidelines in compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Participates in labor contract negotiations. Coordinates emergency plan and department’s activities during system emergencies, restoration efforts, etc.
- Provides the vision, inspiration and overall direction for the respective area workforce. Implements programs that encourage employee development. Exhibits a level of commitment to the achievement of system goals.
Technical Knowledge/Skill: Requires extensive knowledge of Gas Operations methods, procedures, systems and facilities, and state and federal pipeline regulations. Requires strong organizational and managerial skills. Ability to manage operating budgets, operating plans and work cross functionally. Demonstrated leadership in strategic planning and performance improvement efforts. Ability to use PC desktop applications (e.g., Microsoft Word and Excel) with knowledge of management information systems.
Education: Requires Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related discipline. Master’s Degree or MBA preferred.
Experience: Minimum of twelve (12) years in gas service, utility operations or a technical discipline.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and support a diversified environment. It is the policy and practice of NSTAR Electric & Gas to employ persons and to assign work, pay, promote and offer training to all persons on the same basis without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, marital status, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability, status as a special disabled veteran or veteran.
NSTAR - 5 months ago
NSTAR Electric plays a starring role in bringing electric power to Boston. The company's electric transmission and distribution utility...