Posting Title Director, Global Channel Marketing About Us VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 500,000 enterprise and mid-market customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. We enable people and organizations by radically simplifying IT through software virtualization with a focus on three core missions: End-User Computing (EUC), Hybrid Cloud and Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC).
Join our community – instigators of innovation and transformers of technology – as we envision and create what’s next in IT. Get connected to an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT. With 13,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are passionately driven to make an impact while contributing back to the community. Learn more at vmware.com/careers today! Job Description The Global Partner Marketing team is responsible for accelerating the partner sales cycle to successfully build and grow a VMware a Virtualization, Software Defined Data Center, End User Compute and Hybrid Cloud practice and beyond. Our team develops, manages, and executes the strategic go-to-market channel strategy through integrated marketing approaches that accelerates adoption and success with VMware products, programs, and solutions. If you are looking for a fast paced, high energy and creative team to work with, come join our team. We like what we do, we believe in VMware products and solutions and we are passionate about partners. When the channel is successful we are all successful. Our team likes to spend time together and makes a difference to the channel - we positively influence the success of the company!
The Director Global Channel Marketing is the leader responsible, at a global level, for defining channel marketing strategy, integrated channel marketing program creation, timely execution and consistent measurement & reporting in close cooperation and coordination with corporate and GEO partner stakeholders.
The Director Global Channel Marketing will primary be responsible for:
- Develop and execute integrated marketing approaches to facilitate the attainment of the VP Global Channel Sale’s quota
- Develop and implement integrated channel initiatives and or programs to directly and materially impact the business goals of VMware
- Develop integrated channel marketing programs that enable an partner-led approach throughout the channel partner’s customer engagement cycle
- Develop and implement initiatives and programs to build pipeline and revenue by integrating existing VMware assets and programs into managed channel partners demand generation activities
- Develop integrated multi-vendor programs that leverages the joint channel of our diverse strategic alliances and partnerships
- Manage quarterly promotion launch including updates to cheat sheet, mobile app and partner central
- Designate Partner lead for End User Compute. Define the End User Compute partner strategy to accelerate product adoption across all routes to market
- Development of activities and programs need to be done in close coordination with Segment and GEO partner leads
- Regular communications, updates and presentations on impacts and outcomes to partner marketing management, marketing management and sales management are required
- 10+ marketing experience in a high technology company required. Previous experience in Channel or Partner Marketing required. Director-level preferred apply.
- Previous experience in holding corporate channel related leadership roles as well as regional channel related leadership roles preferred
- Strong communicator; high energy; highly productive & strong initiative
- Ability to identify programmatic needs and gaps, drive strategy and influence change
- Proven track record of planning, building and executing successful and innovative, integrated channel marketing programs
- Ability to collaborate, communicate and manage in a highly matrixed organization that operates across multiple time zones
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, presentation skills and the ability to be effective over several communication vehicles (phone, web, email, social media etc.)
- Experience managing creative agencies, budgets and strong negotiation skills
- Knowledge of messaging and value proposition development
- Knowledge of hybrid cloud, software define data center and end user computing a plus
- Undergraduate degree required, MBA favorable
- Ability to travel 5% of the time - when needed worldwide and or within the continental USA Location Palo Alto, CA, US Is this a remote or multiple location position? Yes Requisition Number 42491BR EEO Statement VMware is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law. Further, it is the policy of VMware to maintain a working environment free of all forms of harassment. Note To Applicant: Please disable your pop-up blocker prior to clicking “Apply”
VMware - 13 months ago
VMware, Inc.is a company providing virtualization software founded in 1998 and based in Palo Alto, California, USA. It is majority owned by...