Director, Global Communications
The Director, Global Communications within the Commodities & Commercial Markets Segment will be responsible for leading strategic stakeholder engagement, including media relations and internal communications.
This individual will play a key role in developing and
implementing strategic communication programs to highlight the businesses’ positions on key issues, including regulation and an increasingly competitive landscape by assessing the external communications environment and opportunities.
- Providing strategic counsel to senior leadership on media relations and strategic communications matters.
- Writing, formatting, reviewing and disseminating press releases, media alerts, pitch letters and other forms of communications. Positioning thought leaders from across the segment in print, radio, and broadcast media through arranged press interviews, pitches, briefings, and other communication tactics.
- Developing and managing an internal communications strategy and program.
- Driving segment-wide initiative to develop best-in-class practices for internal and external use of social media; metrics; and collaboration.
- Managing and leading public facing events that help to promote the brand in the media.
- Developing strategic relationships with key members of the press and other important stakeholders.
- Managing BUZZ/intranet and directing town halls and other employee events.
- Provide management and guidance to a staff position responsible for internal/external communications.
About the Company
- At least 10 years of experience managing communications at a corporate level or from within a PR agency
- Minimum 5 years B-B, information services experience
- Exceptional competency in strategy and plan development; writing and presentations; media relations
- Experience managing internal communications a must
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and oral, including OpEds, speeches, video scripts, etc.
- Project management experience is required, as well as the ability to work independently and meet tight deadlines
The Commodities & Commercial Markets segment of McGraw-Hill Financial provides industry-leading intelligence, benchmarks, analytics, and solutions that enable business professionals and other consumers to make better decisions. Its market-leading brands – Platts, J.D. Power and Associates, McGraw-Hill Construction, and Aviation Week – have a common focus: generating growth opportunities by integrating into customers' workflows and infrastructure.
The McGraw-Hill Companies is an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email webmaster -at- mcgraw-hill.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.
Information Services Executive
Commodities & Commercial Markets
The McGraw-Hill Companies - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard