Director, Global Investment Strategies, Global Treasury-13001885
The Director of Global Investment Strategies is an integral part of the Global Exposure Management organization, which seeks to provide effective management of exposures arising from interest rates, foreign exchange, equity, and investments for American Express. This position focuses on the development of optimal strategies that are consistent with objectives of AXP’s multiple investment portfolios. The following are the principal responsibilities:
- Develop and recommend investment framework for AXP’s $15+ billion liquidity investment portfolio. Create model portfolio and establish guidelines on size, type, duration of liquidity investments within established risk tolerances.
- Collaborate with Global Funding & Liquidity organization to ensure liquidity investment strategy is consistent with funding and liquidity objectives.
- Oversee the investment framework for a $5 billion municipal bond portfolio, which arises from AXP’s Global Prepaid businesses.
-Refine model investment portfolio to meet all the investment objectives, and establish guidelines on rebalancing of portfolio as needed from time to time.
- Develop strategies for a number of other AXP investment portfolios to ensure investment principles are consistently applied to achieve specific business objectives
- 5+ years relevant experience in fixed income investments, portfolio theory, and asset liability management
- Excellent analytic abilities, strong written and communication skills, ability to distill complex information into concise and coherent communications.
- Strong influencing, negotiation, and leadership skills that is effective across the organization.
- Strong knowledge of compliance, regulatory and control environments
- MBA strongly preferred
Primary Location: US-New York-New York
Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for...