New York City-based Borderfree is the recognized market leader in international ecommerce, operating a technology and services platform that the world’s most iconic brands rely on to expand globally and transact with customers in 103 countries and territories and more than 60 currencies worldwide. Borderfree manages all aspects of international online retailing including: localized pricing and payment processing, landed cost calculation, customs clearance and brokerage, fraud management, logistics orchestration, and customer-experience parity. For more information, visitwww.borderfree.com.
This very visible and senior, hand-on position is responsible for the day-to-day operations and execution of all supply chain and logistics activities across nearly 200 countries globally. This position will be accountable for managing 3PL’s, transportation/carriers, hub fulfillment centers, process improvement, all related data management, performance and metric reporting. The candidate will have responsibility for ensuring daily execution of logistics and supply chain operations from receipt of packages in U.S. fulfillment centers to final delivery to individual consumers globally, to the return packages back to Merchant Retailers (if requested). The scope of the responsibility includes: global small parcel transportation management composed of over 6M shipments annually over 20+ carriers, management of five (5) 3PL operated fulfillment and processing centers within the U.S., coordination shipments with internal Trade Compliance personnel and management of all performance related data to improve costs, service and execution. Future responsibilities may include carrier negotiations, participation into strategy development and management of international 3PL facilities and operations.
- Manage a team of 5 – 10 logistics personnel managing transportation (track/trace, pick-up, transit, delivery), fulfillment center operations (small package processing, value-add execution, carrier scheduling, sortation, loading), related customer service management (problem resolution, carrier management) and management of operations performance.
- Outsource or insource logistics operations and functions as needed, in a cost effective manner while maintaining the highest level of service.
- Create and execute an in-depth metrics program to measure daily operations and key performance execution. This may include: claims, on-time delivery, processing errors, cost savings/reduction, process improvements, etc.)
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures for logistics operations across multiple 3PL facilities.
- Continuously monitor Logistics operations and industry developments (e.g. processes, approach, strategy, etc.) and maintain current information on transactions. Modify business best practices and implement operational changes within Enterprise as appropriate.
- Pro-actively audit and manage logistics operations to seek synergies, elimination of waste, process improvements and scalability.
- Develop and deliver education and training programs for logistics operations to internal departments as required.
- Ensure all operating systems, files and databases relevant to logistics operations are deeply comprehended, with a heavy bias towards correcting issues at their “root cause” and or managing deficiencies as required until ultimate corrections can be made.
- Tactically manage and resolve all daily performance issues.
- Manage 3rd Party providing trade compliance services (customs brokers, software, services, etc.)
- Select, recommend and implement system changes maintain and improve logistics execution and service.
- Verify internal systems for accuracy and effectiveness.
Bachelor’s degree in transportation, logistics, supply chain or related field. Master’s preferred, but not required.
8– 15+ years experience with Transportation Management, Logistics Operations and Supply Chain Process Improvement with a strong emphasis in warehousing, distribution, transportation management and small parcel management in a global environment. Previous experience working within in a 3PL setting is strongly preferred.
Must have experience in small package/parcel transportation preferably globally. Experience utilizing, purchasing and or managing FedEx, UPS, DHL and or other related small package providers preferred.
Must have experience operating or management distribution, warehouse and or fulfillment centers with an emphasis on small package/parcel environment.
Knowledge of flammables, restricted items for export and similar regulations highly desirable.
Physical Demands / Environmental Conditions:
- Strong analytical, process improvement, negotiating, 3PL management and financial analysis skills are required.
- Must be proficient computer skills utilizing software such as MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access and basic Transportation software.
- Excellent small group and interpersonal communications skills are required. Communications at ALL levels of the organization are required.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Creation and management of metrics and performance data.
10% - 20% travel is required.
Disclaimer : The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.