Directs Flow’s overall supply chain operations, including purchasing and inventory of materials and finished products, selection of vendors, and continual improvement of an integrated strategic sourcing process. Establishes a supplier management partnership resulting in improved profitability for both Flow and the supply base.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Implement and manage supply chain services and technologies that can supply to demand with reduced Flow inventory exposure and reduced lead time.
• Plan, direct and coordinate commodity and materials management activities thru subordinate staff.
• Establish and widely communicate a priority basis for sourcing components/decisions that address the unique procurement and inventory management challenges of each location, and support Flow product and supply chain strategy.
• Build strategic alliances with key supplier partners and base metrics on quality, total cost and delivery linking to strategic business needs while reducing external spending.
• Streamline sourcing, procurement and buying and establish sustainable processes for managing compliance, regulatory issues, and risk mitigation
• Advise management of the status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, materials, and services are provided as needed.
• Improve results in procurement and supplier management processes through value engineering, joint planning, customer supplier teams, training, long term agreements and recognition.
• Identify, analyze and report opportunities for cost savings through alternative sourcing options, considering a system level view of the entire business and true costs.
• Manage the Corporate Customs Compliance and Logistics Specialists to ensure timely, economical, safe and competitive shipping and warehousing.
• Improve staff competency in all areas of supply chain management including developing development and training programs
• Manage budget, staffing and business process improvement tools.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• High level of analytical ability to solve complex problems.
• Exceptional organizational skills
• Significant experience in Lean Manufacturing waste reduction techniques (5-S, Kaizen, Continuous Flow, Lead Time Reduction, Value Stream Mapping, and Kanban)
• Proven track record of efficiency improvements, quality improvements and project management.
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong leadership and strong interpersonal skills to build and lead highly effective teams
• Demonstrated ability for innovative/creative thinking
• Supervise others
Education and/or Training:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing or Industrial engineering or Business Management or equivalent experience required
• 3 – 7 years of equivalent experience leading a supply chain
• Proficiency in MS Office, along with experience in an ERP system would be advantageous.
Flow International Corporation - 15 months ago
Flow International Corporation (Flow) is a technology-based global company providing waterjet cutting, surface preparation and cleaning...