Glu Mobile (NASDAQ: GLUU) is a leading global developer and publisher of free-to-play games for smartphone and tablet devices. We are currently hiring for a Director, HR Business Partner in our downtown San Francisco headquarters.
The Director, HR Business Partner will work closely with senior leaders to provide full cycle HR guidance to align corporate business objectives. This role will report to the VP, Global HR and will provide both hands on a strategic partnership to assigned cross functional client groups.
The Director, HR Business Partner will influence client groups on issues involving performance management, talent assessment and development, succession planning, employee relations, employee and management development, employee engagement, organizational effectiveness, and related programs. This position also partners with management to ensure effective internal employee communication within client groups. The successful Director, HR Business Partner will act as an employee champion and change agent.
- Participate in planning the strategic direction of client organizations and in developing long-range plans to achieve objectives.
- Drive change management to ensure a constantly learning and growing organization.
- Partner with management to ensure that organization structure, design and staffing of positions and utilization of human resources are effective and consistent with business needs as well as provide value to the customer.
- Develop strong knowledge of the business, products, markets, competitors, etc.
- Conduct weekly meetings with respective business units. Implement policies and procedures to impact business results.
- Lead the implementation of HR projects and programs to execute client business strategy.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with legal department as needed.
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
- Provide guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning, succession planning.
- Identify training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
- Participate in evaluation and monitoring of success of training programs. Follow-up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Partner with management on performance issues, creation of Performance Improvement Plans and Corrective Action.
- Anticipate, identify and facilitate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Assist in identifying and developing innovative incentive/reward systems which address the unique needs of your client organizations. Ensure clear differentiation of talent in rewards and recognition.
- Minimum of 10+ years of proven progressive HR experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business or other related discipline. PHR certification a plus.
- Previous leadership experience in a dynamic, large, global company.
- Successful track record as an HR generalist with involvement in organization design and development, change management, employee relations, compensation and benefits, employee training and development and federal and state employment laws.
- Ability to engage and influence all levels of clients, including senior VPs.
- Experience leading transformation initiatives.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to present ideas and training programs to all levels of the organization.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint). HRIS experience is mandatory.
- Able to be proactive, prioritize work and handle multiple assignments in a timely manner.
- Excellent project management experience with the proven ability to see through execution and implementation.
- Strong conflict resolution, negotiating and facilitation skills.
Glu Mobile - 11 months ago