Join the Industry Pioneer
Launch an exciting career at Southern Air, the premier global air cargo service provider! We operate a fleet of B747-400BDSF’s, B747-ERF’s, and are the only ACMI operator of B777F’s, providing a wide range of air cargo services for the World’s Flag Carriers, Charter Brokers, Shippers and Governments.
Great talent is the key to our success, and we strive to create an environment where employees are enabled to contribute to their full potential by leveraging their unique experiences, perspective, and viewpoints. We take pride in delivering exceptional service to our customers, and providing our employees the ultimate career opportunity… being part of a multi-cultural, global community which is shaping the future of our organization and touches the lives of people all over the world.
The Director, Human Resources is responsible for the development, implementation and communication, consistent and legal application of corporate-wide policies and programs covering Human Resources, including, but not limited to: compensation, benefits, employee relations, engagement, and all talent management initiatives and processes for Southern Air; developing and implementing leadership strategies with a hands-on approach to ensure execution excellence across a fast paced, global organization; working with the leadership team to develop and implement effective succession plans to include senior leadership talent pools; collaborating with leadership to drive a highly engaged culture; building assessment/organizational capability process within the organization; ensuring messages align to strategic change initiatives. In addition, the Director will be the Business partner for all Corporate Functions, fully supporting their generalist needs.
As a key contributor in advancing innovative and performance focused Talent strategies, this leader must possess exceptional business acumen; understanding of performance drivers and how they translate into innovative learning and organization effectiveness solutions; exceptional leadership skills; global experience; and have a "can do, roll-up your sleeves" attitude.
The Director, Human Resources must be a strong advocate of change, and will be accountable for building a high performing and agile organization, improving management bench strength, fostering training and development at all levels of the organization, and building a cross functional team based on culture of performance and accountability with a focus on operational excellence, work process improvement, and career development.
To facilitate the growth culture within Southern Air, this role must be able to consult, challenge, and influence mid and senior management to align people, processes, and practices with business objectives. In addition, to drive talent management and leadership development, this position will partner with the organization and design, develop, and implement talent management and leadership development interventions that address succession planning and talent pipeline needs / gaps. Coaching and challenging leaders and strategic talent to influence and enhance their personal leadership and performance to deliver optimum business results will be a key deliverable.
HR Business Partner
• Partner with Southern Air’s leadership to develop and implement the talent management strategy and organization effectiveness initiatives. This includes the creation and implementation of development plans for key talent in support of Succession Planning outcomes, organization redesigns to support the needs of the business, talent acquisition and deployment, and employee engagement.
• Drive manager quality through coaching all levels of managers and provide the tools and resources to deliver higher levels of performance.
• Lead human resources processes for the leaders of all functions.
• Lead the Employee Engagement process for Southern Air, including survey coordination, communication strategy, and action planning best practices. Develop and implement the communication/sharing plan year round to drive engagement and improvements.
• Lead Manager Quality initiatives for the Company
• Lead Performance Management and Year End Compensation processes for Southern Air. Ensure consistency and differentiation in total compensation across all client groups. Prepare talent data analysis for Southern Air for presentation to the Senior Leadership tem. Facilitate training programs to educate clients on the compensation philosophy, performance management, objective setting as well as programs on communicating performance and potential and Individual Development Plans.
Measurement and Tracking
• Maintain Southern Air’s scorecard (headcount, diversity, training, engagement, etc.)
• Align people processes (Performance Management, Leadership Development, etc.) with the business strategy
• Interact with and influence mid and senior levels of management
• Bachelor Degree required, Master's Degree preferred in Organization Development, other HR related disciplines, or Business
• 10+ years HR Generalist with a minimum of 5 years experience in leading and developing a best in class leadership and organization development program
• 5+ years developing and leading change management practices to support senior leaders through various organizational changes such as large scale cultural change across a global organization inclusive of customer and non customer facing roles
• 5+ years partnering with senior leaders to identify opportunities to improve the organization's effectiveness using strategies such as employee engagement
Skills and competencies to be successful in this role
• Strong knowledge of HR policies and practices, employee/labor relations, compensation and benefits, performance management, organization change and effectiveness
• Demonstrated strategic thinking ability and able to translate and execute an action plan
• Demonstrated ability to drive change through influence and collaboration in a team environment
• Excellent communication, presentation and relationship management skills, collaborative style, effective internal and external relations.
• Ability to work cross-functionally with all levels of employees and management
• Strong facilitation and project management skills
• Flexibility to work in an environment with constantly shifting, and sometimes conflicting, priorities
• Drive and initiative
• Results oriented
• Innovative problem solver
• Executive presence
Southern Air is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status or any other basis prohibited by law. AA/EOE, M/F/D/V
Southern Air - 20 months ago