Engineered to think.
Anki is dedicated to creating products that bring sophisticated robotics and artificial intelligence to the masses. Our founders met in the PhD program at the Robotics Institute at Carnegie Mellon University. With robotics so heavily focused on government and industrial applications, they wanted to use their backgrounds to create new kinds of consumer experiences. At Anki, we are using robotics and artificial intelligence to reinvent categories of products through an unprecedented level of intelligence and interaction in the physical world.
Apple CEO Tim Cook introduced Anki and our first product, Anki Drive, in his keynote address at the WWDC Conference this past June ( watch ). We are backed by top-tier investors, including Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures and Two Sigma. We are growing rapidly and are excited to continue hiring top talent to join us in the creation of the most innovative consumer robotics products in the world today.
To learn more about Anki, visit our website , find us on Facebook and YouTube.
Anki's products combine a powerful blend of diverse technologies, beautiful design, and meticulous attention to every aspect of the customer experience. We’re looking to grow our team to help us develop the next generation of consumer robotics and entertainment.
Anki, Inc. is seeking a Director of Hardware Engineering. The position requires a strong engineering management background and the technical competencies to set objectives and develop strategies for the hardware engineering team. Anki is a robotics company, where the interaction between hardware, electronics and software is especially tight. We are looking for candidates who have a proven track record of understanding that relationship and are experienced in managing a highly interdisciplinary team of engineers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with senior/junior EE’s, ME’s, Embedded Systems Engineers, etc.
- Set up processes and follow them, ability to meet deadlines.
- Work closely with the operations, product, and software development teams.
- B.S. degree in EE/ME or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years of experience in hardware design.
- 5+ years of experience in managing interdisciplinary hardware development teams.
- Deep understanding of product development life cycle and manufacturing.
- Experience with shipping consumer products from concept to manufacturing and sustaining.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Competitive salaries, stock options and great benefits (health, subsidized public transportation costs, generous vacation)
- Great San Francisco office with lots of light and great views, convenient to every mode of mass transit - on wheels, on rails and on water.
- Early stage start-up where you’ll help shape the culture and have a huge impact.
- Free catered lunches, snacks and drinks.
- You get to work on innovative products and challenging problems with some amazingly talented (and fun) people!