This position contributes to the mission of Medical Teams International by leading and managing the health commodity program in support of overall organizational goals. This includes resource acquisition strategies (Gifts In Kind and cash), distribution strategies (supporting internal and partner program needs), all operational and logistics functions to enable the efficient processing and flow of product, and all budgeting, tracking, and reporting responsibilities related to the program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads and administers an effective health commodity (GIK) strategy through strategic planning, prospecting, procurement, distribution, and monitoring activities.
- Optimizes commodity-supported relief and development interventions within MTI and NGO partner programs.
- Provides technical expertise and direction for the integration of health commodity activities into the projects of the Programs Department and key/strategic partners.
- Supervises the oversight and productive implementation of processes and systems for the health commodity program and ensures timely and accurate end-user audits and reports.
- Identifies, cultivates, and solicits major donors for GIK and cash donations to support program needs.
- Leads the preparation of grant proposals for submission to USAID as well as funding proposals to PQMD agencies and other pharmaceutical and medical supply companies.
- Coordinates with MTI Resource Development staff in the acquisition and development of private grant funding and reporting and with the Finance Department in the timely and accurate administration of grant money allocation and program compliance/oversight.
- Prepares detailed reports on health commodity trends, opportunities, and strategy.
- Develop and manage annual budgets.
- Responsible for the supervision, coaching, and mentoring of subordinates in the Health Commodity Services group.
- Meets regularly with direct reports and manages subordinate time sheets.
- Conducts annual Performance Reviews and sets clear annual objectives.
- When appropriate, incorporate the use of volunteers in daily job functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree or postgraduate work in international management or related field.
- Minimum of 10 years in relief and development field.
- Minimum 3-5 years demonstrated supervisor/ managing experience.
- Valid passport
- Commitment to Medical Teams International mission statement.
- Strong management experience in commodity supported health programming.
- Proven track record of successful teamwork and team building.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously; flexible.
- Ability to operate well in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to work flexible schedule and weekends as needed.
- Occasional travel to the field, typically not more than 10% of the time.
- Ability to achieve organizational objectives.
- Commitment to lead with integrity.
- Promotes active interest in the work of MTI.
- Excellent writing, presentation, and verbal skills.
- Must have the ability to consistently communicate professionally and effectively with all constituents.
- Overseas field experience highly preferred.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
Candidates must complete an acceptable Background Check as part of the hiring process with Medical Teams International
Medical Teams International - 16 months ago