Responsible for administrative oversight and management of day-to-day operations, strategic planning, and growth of the Health Sciences Department in collaboration with faculty, academic leadership, and other departments of the College. The Health Sciences Department currently includes Dental Assisting, the Healthcare Education Institute, Medical Imaging programs, and Nursing.
1. Coordinates new program development, including program feasibility studies, curriculum development, and equipment and space planning.
2. Ensures the highest possible standards in program quality and currency in collaboration with Program Directors and faculty.
3. Assists and supports Program Directors and faculty in securing clinical sites.
4. Responsible for oversight and approval of all departmental budgets and expenditures.
5. Responsible for oversight of grant management, compliance, and reporting; including, but not limited to, annual Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education grant projects.
6. In collaboration with Program Directors, oversees the class scheduling process.
7. Supervises all departmental faculty and participates in faculty evaluation process in compliance with the faculty contract.
8. Coordinates program review and assessment of student learning activities in collaboration with faculty.
9. Investigates and recommends resolution of student complaints in accordance with departmental and College policies and procedures.
10. Maintains current syllabi repository for all departmental courses.
11. Assists Program Directors and faculty in establishing and maintaining programmatic accreditation and supports regional accreditation activities.
12. Plans and/or conducts professional development activities for departmental faculty.
13. Provides leadership for meeting student success goals, e.g. retention and completion.
14. Represents College administration on all Health Sciences Advisory Committees, participates on additional committees as assigned, and serves as a liaison for Health Sciences programs with the community.
15. Collaborates with Student Services Department in planning and executing student recruitment and advising activities.
16. Provides oversight and assures current, relevant content of informational, promotional, and marketing materials for the Department.
17. Prepares and delivers reports and presentations for a wide variety of constituencies as assigned.
18. Performs other duties as assigned.
Under the limited supervision of the Academic Dean, is accountable for providing departmental and program oversight and leadership and flow of information to administration and faculty. Supervises full-time and adjunct faculty, including classroom and clinical evaluation. Maintains confidentiality.
A minimum of a Master’s degree in a relevant and related discipline and two years (or equivalent) of full-time work experience in an aligned health science field is required; Master’s degree in Nursing strongly preferred. A commitment to quality programs and student success is required. Teaching experience, particularly at a community college setting, is strongly preferred. Experience with health science education accreditation strongly preferred. Management and/or supervisory experience strongly preferred.
Min. $47,402 Mid. $62,807 Max. $78,212
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Official transcripts required upon hire.