Director, Healthcare Houston
About Hitachi Consulting
As Hitachi, Ltd.'s (NYSE: HIT) global consulting company, with operations in the United States, Europe and Asia, Hitachi Consulting is a recognized leader in delivering proven business and IT strategies and solutions to Global 2000 companies across many industries. With a balanced view of strategy, people, process and technology, we work with companies to understand their unique business needs, and to develop and implement practical business strategies and technology solutions. From business strategy development through application deployment, our consultants are committed to helping clients quickly realize measurable business value and achieve sustainable ROI.
Purpose of Position
Hitachi Consulting’s US Healthcare practice provides management and IT consulting services to leading institutions in the healthcare industry, including healthcare delivery, insurance, medical devices and health technology. Our clients include such institutions as Kaiser Permanente, the US Department of Veterans Affairs, Children’s Hospital of Seattle, Global Healthcare Exchange (GHX) and Cambia Health Solutions. The practice is experiencing significant growth and seeks an experienced health IT professional for the position of Director in the Greater Houston area. This individual will participate in business development efforts and manage the delivery of services for both current and new accounts, particularly those in the Houston area. This resource will work with multiple technology teams across the company to develop solutions for specific client needs. Specific responsibilities include:
Required Skills and Experience
- Drive high levels of client satisfaction through leadership and oversight on client projects, providing hands-on leadership to engagement teams and delivering 50% billable hours utilization
- Work with industry and technology team colleagues to identify and pursue business development opportunities within target healthcare accounts
- Cultivate and manage relationships with appropriate business partners as needed
- Cultivate new and existing buyer relationships within target accounts and actively promote Hitachi Consulting services, through consultative selling and a demonstrated understanding of industry drivers and the evolving dynamics of the healthcare industry
- Represent Hitachi Consulting in the marketplace at seminars, conferences, trade shows and other networking events
- Contribute to the development of intellectual property and industry-specific service offerings
12+ years combined experience in Healthcare information technology and the consulting industry. Candidates should possess a solid understanding of healthcare industry drivers, including regulatory developments, and the challenges facing health services providers and their suppliers; prior experience working within the industry is a plus.
- In-depth understanding of healthcare information technology and processes including EHR and meaningful use, clinical analytics and systems, ICD coding and revenue management; experience working in the Houston healthcare community strongly desired
- Experience working with Epic and/or Cerner strongly preferred
- Prior IT consulting experience required, with demonstrated track record of building successful C-level and Director-level relationships
- In-depth understanding of the application of information technology for business transformation and improvement
- Strong business and IT acumen
- Experience with Microsoft and/or Oracle technologies a plus
- Residency in the Greater Houston area required
- Bachelors Degree or higher
Up to 50% travel outside the Houston area
Hitachi Consulting offers excellent benefits and career growth to all employees!
Hitachi Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Hitachi Consulting - 12 months ago
Hitachi Consulting, a unit of Japanese technology giant Hitachi, provides business management and information technology consulting...