Higher One Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ONE) is a leading company focused on creating cost-saving efficiencies for higher education institutions and providing high-value services to students. Higher One offers a wide array of technological services on campus, ranging from streamlining the institution’s performance analytics and financial aid refund processes to offering students innovative banking services, tuition payment plans, and the basics of financial management. Higher One works closely with colleges and universities to allocate resources more efficiently in order to provide a higher quality of service and education to students.
Founded in 2000 on a college campus by students, Higher One now serves more than half of the higher education market, providing its services to over 1,250 campuses and 10.5 million students at distinguished public and private institutions nationwide.
At Higher One, we believe that every employee is critical to our success! Our innovative services depend on the energy, values, hard work and dedication of our employees. As we continue to grow, we look for others who are also committed to retaining a small-company feel while moving us to the next level!
Director, Human Resources
Higher is seeking a highly motivated and experienced HR Director to join our growing team.
Work with and support the Vice President of Human Resources to manage the overall delivery of Human Resources services in an employee oriented company emphasizing performance and goal attainment.
Plan, organize and direct all aspects of the Human Resources functions on a day-to-day basis including, but not limited to, employee engagement, compensation, benefits administration, recruitment and retention, policies/procedures, communications, performance management, wellness, employee relations, organizational development and training
Manage Human Resources team including mentoring and developing team members.
Implement HR best practices
- Bachelor's degree in human resources, business or related field required
- 15 years progressively responsible strong HR Generalist experience including at least 10 years in a management role.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, listening) and interpersonal skills
- Proven experience mentoring and developing staff
- Work involves application of professional knowledge and critical thinking skills
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to prepare and analyze reports
- Proven ability to establish effective working relationships with all employees
- Ability to coordinate the activities of others to successfully complete projects
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- Strong customer service focus
- Experience managing remote employees helpful
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending, 401(k), Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability
- Flexible work hours
- Casual dress
- 20 Paid Time Off Days per year
- 8 Holidays per year
- Free lunches
- Fun events
Higher One - 12 months ago
The higher ambition at Higher One Holdings is to facilitate higher education payments. The company provides payment processing and...