The Director, Human Resources reports directly to Sr. Director - Human Resources, and is responsible for working in partnership to coach, support, influence, and enable client groups (plant and DC) to effectively deliver their people plans. T his role is responsible for partnering with the employees and managers across these sites to develop and implement people strategies at the individual, team and organizational level that support our business objectives and foster a culture of fun, engagement and improved operational performance in all we do. This position will require someone with a strong background in multiple core functions of HR. These might include: Compensation, Recruiting, Talent Management or Learning and Development. This role will accomplish this by performing the following duties personally or through influencing other resources.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
A credible business partner to deliver value to customer and their management teams that enable them to develop individual employee ability resulting in increased organizational capabilities.
Provide project management and HR expertise to make recommendations for the future HR processes.
Embed engagement, safety, and a performance management culture within the business area as a means of driving business improvement by ensuring clear goals and objectives, feedback and the improvement of customer service through behaviors aligned with our values.
Drive, influence, advise and support the cultural and people aspects of organizational change, structures, people processes and business improvement initiatives within the business area in order to improve business efficiency and people management, allowing for flexibility and planned growth. Accomplish this through partnership with other resources including HR Centers of Excellence (COE) and initiatives that reflect the business strategy.
Provides feedback to HR Leaders, Specialists (COE) and peer groups on implementation and utilization of tools to ensure flawless execution of HR initiatives. Responsible for representing the client's needs and providing client feedback to the Specialist (COE) teams.
Work in partnership with the business to manage employee relations issues. Build management responsibility and capability for managing ER (where appropriate) issues while pulling in the services of the Centers of Excellence (specialist areas) as needed.
Facilitates strategic recruiting solutions between the partners.
Supports managers on planning and communications related to change management, and working through organizational design to drive role clarity at the individual and team level.
Advise and consult with HR to improve and deliver decision support to business leaders via HR systems, data, and metrics.
Minimize business risk and enhance the company culture by ensuring that all management are knowledgeable in all required legal subject areas Compliance, Code of Conduct, Diversity & Sexual Harassment, Interviewing and selection skills, employment law.
Ensures compliance with all Federal, State and Local legal and regulatory requirements.
Performs other duties as may be assigned.
This position does have supervisory responsibilities. The individual will be responsible to manage and lead the HR resources at the site.
The Director, Human Resources – must perform the essential duties and responsibilities in a highly effective manner. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable an individual with a disability to perform the essential duties.
- Exceptional leadership skills that have been demonstrated by achieving desired results through others, and building effective partnerships through influence and relationship building skills.
- An in-depth technical understanding and knowledge of HR processes and systems.
- Proven ability to balance strategic and tactical skills. Demonstrated problem analysis and resolution.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal and presentation communication skills.
- Comprehensive HR business process knowledge, including applicant tracking systems, talent management, change management, HCM suite experience: benefits, payroll, time and attendance, performance management, compensation, employee and manager self service experience.
- Effective project management experience.
- Ability to balance compassion and toughness in coaching others and leading through change.
- Successful experience consulting with managers; able to effectively build relationships by establishing trust, credibility and adding value quickly.
- Excellent at building and managing through relationships across the HR organization – with peers, upwards, and with center of excellence partners.
Education and/or Experience
- B.S. or B.A. degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field; M.A. HRIR, or MBA a plus.
- 10+ years of HR increasing responsibility within HR environment. Ideally to include progressive systems development experience, business partner / generalist experience, in a manufacturing plants, DC, corporate or retail. Additionally, experience leading Human Resources team.
- Prefer experience with multiple HCM systems.
The physical demands required in this position are those that are typical of an office position within a manufacturing plant environment. The ability to travel by automobile, airplane or other transportation is necessary, and such travel may occasionally entail long distances.
The primary work environment for this position is typical of an office work environment; it will require the periodic presence in a manufacturing environment in which appropriate personal protective equipment is prescribed and must be used.
The ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals; effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and customers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of ERP/HCM software, Internet software; Project Management software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
MOM Brands - 19 months ago
MOM Brands (formerly Malt-O-Meal Company), a privately held and family owned company, is the third largest cereal company in the United...